Best way to reel 'em in

Prairie dog

Re: Best way to reel 'em in

Post by Prairie dog » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:10 pm

And your argument may well have even less velididty to me but we wont know that, if we don't talk about it. I'm disagreeing ,not arguing..

My opinion is its the breeder that does the programing. We the trainers can only enhance --not change-- what was given us.

Sorry that I caused you and the few others to think.

Willie Hunter

Post by Willie Hunter » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:02 pm

slistoe wrote:
Willie Hunter wrote:Not at all Scott, I took the handler option rather than debate whether a dog could be reeled in due to genetic make up. Oh and as far as experience I don’t have much.
4 people with direct experience with dozens of dogs with wheels have stated on this thread that dogs with wheels can be brought in and how to go about doing it. Your opening on the topic was to jump into the genetic debate with both feet making a definitive statement - positive and never are not terms that leave much room for interpretation. You only started flailing the arms when you were called on it. Please, offer something more than "I don't want to change them." as basis for your dissension. At least offer up something like "My buddy Greg couldn't do it with his dog, so I don't think it can be done by anyone."

benny, patent redirection in place of retraction is hardly playing nice.
So you have elected to make it personal? Interesting that you have an issue that Greg is my friend.

My dogs will stay close when there are birds around, If not they will go far and wide until they find them. In other words, dogs are not fooled by gimmicks for long.
Willie Hunter

pear

Post by pear » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Guys in light of the fact that this thread seems to have strayed way off track from it's original intent and degraded to the point of being personal, I think locking it is the best course of action at this time.

Sorry, and Thanks, Randy"pear"Bauman GDF Moderator
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey