Thanks for the help and thoughts for our Llewelin Pups

wrangler

Thanks for the help and thoughts for our Llewelin Pups

Post by wrangler » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Hey all...I wanted to thank everyone for their input and guidance on our two Llewelin Setter pups. They are currently with Larry Lowell getting their first introduction to birds, guns, etc. up in Phelan, California. So far - So good. Larry seems to be a very good hand with the pups and they are responding nicely. For all my worrying about what to do early on and trying to make sure we were covering every base, they are well balanced...friendly...well socialized...and fun loving. On top of all that, they have a strong prey drive and are showing good potential in their first experiences with pigeons, quail and chukar. I am way excited about next season and working with them over the summer with Larry not just for the training that the dogs will undergo...but the training that I will get as well. Thanks again to all and I will keep you all updated on how things progress. Here is a picture of Rusty and Riley who are now both past 6 months old..
Riley on point.JPG
Rusty on Point.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StinkyPete

Re: Thanks for the help and thoughts for our Llewelin Pups

Post by StinkyPete » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 am

I'm new around here and was no part of the help you received, but I did want to say those are nice looking dogs. Good luck, I hope they turn out great.

eastwash

Post by eastwash » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:40 pm

Nice looking pups, but man two must really be a handfull.
Two Faced Jake

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 am

Great looking pups! Wishing you the best of luck in their development.
Dіck

LarryLowell

Post by LarryLowell » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:58 pm

If your interested in seeing some pictures of Rusty and Riley in training you can by clicking the links below

Rustys training page link:
http://www.pointingdogtrainer.com/pb/wp ... 792e0.html

Rileys training page link:
http://www.pointingdogtrainer.com/pb/wp ... 60e70.html

I try to update new pictures every couple of weeks, so if your interested in following their progress you can.

Larry Lowell

wrangler

Post by wrangler » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:09 pm

eastwash wrote:Nice looking pups, but man two must really be a handfull.
Two was pretty challenging early on...but things started to even out. Right now was a great time for them to go in for their "intro" training with Larry. He is doing a great job with them... They will be back with us for a few months to have fun at our house and continue meeting all kinds of people, dogs, and going to a variety of places...and then back to Larry for the summer for their three month training to help get them ready for next season. Larry really encourages you to come out and work with him and the dogs as they go through their training which is great. I am looking forward to learning much over the summer and Lord willing, we will have a fun first season learning and hunting together. I know there will be goofs and ups and downs..but it will all be fun and it's an investment for many seasons to come...