wondering if anyone wanted to get together and train some

sjkennels

wondering if anyone wanted to get together and train some

Post by sjkennels » Tue May 12, 2009 3:27 pm

hey im from galva ks and i was wondering if anyone wanted to get together and train sometime i got some dogs i gotta get ready to ft this fall if anyone wants to let me know i got some land that i use to run dogs on i always hunt by my self and train by my self most of the time and i was just wondering if anyone wanted to tag along and ur welcome to bring your dogs. im kinda new to training ive only been doing it for about a year so if you have any pointers on what to do let me know please and thank you
kick'em up knock'em down

sjkennels

Re: wondering if anyone wanted to get together and train some

Post by sjkennels » Mon May 18, 2009 9:38 pm

so does everyone only train by them selves or is this message locked because i asked this like 2 weeks ago and no one has said anything
kick'em up knock'em down

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon May 18, 2009 9:44 pm

I'd love to come but I'd need a ticket from Ontario. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 pm

haha well thanks
kick'em up knock'em down

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 am

sjkennels wrote:so does everyone only train by them selves or is this message locked because i asked this like 2 weeks ago and no one has said anything
Don't be discouraged. The people on this board from Kansas read real slow. 8) 8)

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

R-Middleton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by R-Middleton » Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 am

Midvale Id. is not too far, but if you come here first, I will come to your place next!! :P

JimB

Post by JimB » Tue May 19, 2009 8:53 am

just noticed your post....I live in Larned, not too far from you. Most evenings there are several people that come out to train, as well as planned weekends. I have plenty of wild birds and lots of land to run on. You would be welcome to come out here, and we may be interested in heading out your way, once in awhile. Shoot me a PM if interested. We train both on foot and horseback.
JimB
Rosewood Kennels
Larned, KS
www.RosewoodKennels.net

WingmanCA

Post by WingmanCA » Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 am

We can set up a round robin. I'll come train there, then you guys can come train with me out here.

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Tue May 19, 2009 10:43 am

JimB wrote:just noticed your post....I live in Larned, not too far from you. Most evenings there are several people that come out to train, as well as planned weekends. I have plenty of wild birds and lots of land to run on. You would be welcome to come out here, and we may be interested in heading out your way, once in awhile. Shoot me a PM if interested. We train both on foot and horseback.
WingmanCA wrote:We can set up a round robin. I'll come train there, then you guys can come train with me out here.
I hope to get into this loop very soon now. Jim - do we need to start planning a cold weather trek west?

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Tue May 19, 2009 10:51 am

ezzy333 wrote:
sjkennels wrote:so does everyone only train by them selves or is this message locked because i asked this like 2 weeks ago and no one has said anything
Don't be discouraged. The people on this board from Kansas read real slow. 8) 8)

Ezzy
Ezzy, it's not just the reading we find difficult. Typing while holding the dictionary to check for misspelled words also slows us down...

southernblues

Post by southernblues » Tue May 19, 2009 11:03 am

I'd be coming from south of Overland Park -- wish I was closer!

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Apparently you guys from Kansas haven't gotten the memo yet, that there is this little thing called SPELL CHECK.. Try it sometimes, it's alot easier and lighter than that dictionary..
KN

basspow

Post by basspow » Tue May 19, 2009 5:10 pm

how far from Colorado Springs ? Miles & hours could make a week ender.

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Tue May 19, 2009 7:26 pm

basspow wrote:how far from Colorado Springs ? Miles & hours could make a week ender.
i live 8 hours away from there not sure about the miles i know its around 500 miles
kick'em up knock'em down

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Tue May 19, 2009 7:56 pm

by kylenicholas02 on Tue May 19, 2009 2:11 pm
Apparently you guys from Kansas haven't gotten the memo yet, that there is this little thing called SPELL CHECK.. Try it sometimes, it's alot easier and lighter than that dictionary..
There's alot of things us ol' hicks from Kansas ain't ketched onto yet what's real poplar with them big city folkses... Most of em' we 'cun live without.

And what the helllsa Memo anyhows.

JimB

Post by JimB » Tue May 19, 2009 10:56 pm

well, I should have guessed that a few of our training friends would chime in here....Bill, you know that I love having you and your gang here, and as much as I would love to train in your neck of the woods, CA is just a little too far. But maybe if Kevin wants to hire a bus we could work it out. Oh BTW, sorry I didn't return your call the other nite,....I'll get back to ya soon.

Kevin, hope to see your new pups soon.

Basspow, can't remember how long it takes to get to the Springs from here, but it's not a bad trip for a weekend thing. You would be welcome.

Heck, if there are others who would like a training weekend, let's plan one. We host a big training weekend in the fall, no reason that we couldn't do a summer one too. Just let me know
JimB
Rosewood Kennels
Larned, KS
www.RosewoodKennels.net

WingmanCA

Post by WingmanCA » Thu May 21, 2009 5:37 pm

When does puppy summer camp start?

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Thu May 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Hey Wingman,

Jim doesn't know it yet but puppy summer camp is likely to start next week, at least for my pup(s). I am taking next week off as vacation and intend to get out to Larned at some time during the week. I also need to schedule a trip to Stockton Missouri next week to spend a couple of days with my dad. Right now, it looks like I will try to head to Jim's after Tuesday (I have a monthly township meeting Tuesday so I know I will be home that day). I'm waiting until I get with Jim to decide which combination of dogs to bring. I am leaning toward taking the two pups so that my wife and Bo can get a full nights sleep while I'm away (she has to work). I'm not sure what the 9 week old pup can do but she can at least see some new surroundings.

If you plan to try to come out some time this summer let me know. I have some more vacation which I have scheduled to take the weeks where a holiday gives us a 3 day weekend plus I think I have some time off around the 4th of July.

It would be fun to throw the pups out together.

WingmanCA

Post by WingmanCA » Fri May 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Kevin,

I'm eyeballing the week before the 4th of July for a road trip. I'm having an 8 hole topper built by BIttercreek in OKC and it should be ready for me to pick up by then. If Jim remembers to call me back I'll tell him that's when my puppy summer camp starts. The pups will be 4 months old and ready to chase some wild birds around.

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 pm

WingmanCA wrote:Kevin,

I'm eyeballing the week before the 4th of July for a road trip. I'm having an 8 hole topper built by BIttercreek in OKC and it should be ready for me to pick up by then. If Jim remembers to call me back I'll tell him that's when my puppy summer camp starts. The pups will be 4 months old and ready to chase some wild birds around.

Yea jim and I are trying to get something set up to run dogs one of these weekends so if anyone is interested let me know
kick'em up knock'em down

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Fri May 22, 2009 5:13 pm

WingmanCA wrote:Kevin,

Bill,

I think that week coincides with what I have already scheduled to have off. Keep me posted. I will plan on getting out.

I have seen a couple of 4 dog trailers and Ronnies big trailer built by BitterCreeek in person. They appear to be well designed and built for the prices I have seen.

WingmanCA

Post by WingmanCA » Fri May 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Here are the new recruits for summer camp.

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Sat May 23, 2009 7:45 am

Dang Bill,

I think I'm going to have to dress my pups in some Brown Bag "Unknown Comic" costumes after seeing those pups. I can't believe the similarity in the body markings of the two standing. Beautiful pups...

WingmanCA

Post by WingmanCA » Sat May 23, 2009 9:41 am

Well Kevin, your Doc is a mighty fine lookin pup, too. When are you picking up the next one?

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Sat May 23, 2009 11:08 am

Bill,

I picked her up a week or two ago. We had a wind storm come through and took the roof of my barn off so I've been busy cleaning up and haven't got any pictures yet. She is pretty plain. Small, white, black nose and dark eyes with no definable markings. I think she may have the most potential of the two though. I had her with me when I went to feed the pigeons and when they started flying she wanted in there with them. I had to restrain her and she had the full body quivers going on. She's also real snappy running around.

Doc has grown to the awkward level where I'm not sure he'll come out of it. He's slow and clumsy right now but he was pretty flashy at 8 - 9 weeks also so hopefully that will return when he grows into his skin.

We will have some fun this summer...