bark collars

sjkennels

bark collars

Post by sjkennels » Mon May 18, 2009 10:01 pm

i have a question about bark collars i just bought a male EP and my other male barks all night at him and the neighbors don't like it of course and i want to know if i put a bark collar on them if it will do anything to them when i put a e-collar on him when train
kick'em up knock'em down

Sprig

Re: bark collars

Post by Sprig » Tue May 19, 2009 12:54 am

dont worry about it. I use bark collars all the time with my labs and shorthairs.

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Tue May 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Sprig wrote:dont worry about it. I use bark collars all the time with my labs and shorthairs.
ok thanks i will get a couple of them then as soon as i asked wrote this i had the police come saying people were complaining about my dogs i guess we have a city rule that dogs can not bark here how stupid is that so i guess im screwed either way
kick'em up knock'em down

birddogsunlimited

Post by birddogsunlimited » Wed May 20, 2009 12:09 pm

i use them for my dogs as well and they work great i have one from sport dog that atomaticly adjust the level when the dog barks witch works fine on my short haires but my lab is alittle more stuborn so i went with one that can be pre set to a level.
rossi ann. gsp
mavrick gsp
willow gsp
Charlie yellow lab
kimber yellow lab
barrett yellow lab
mikey choc. lab r.i.p buddy

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed May 20, 2009 2:04 pm

sjkennels, No offence but I dout that you would want your neighbors dogs barking all night when you are trying to sleep and have to get up early for work. I live in the city also and will highly recomend the bark collars with adjustable stimulation settings. It will not effect anything as far as training goes with an e-collar. They are just being corrected for being a pain (barking) instead of not following commands. When us city guys have all these birddogs we have to make sure that they have proper kennel manners so we don't get that knock on the door. We usually have more dogs that are aloud in the city as well. I know I do so they have got to be quiet. Hope this helps.
Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed May 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Dont scrimp on the collar. Many of the cheap ones are way too sensitive . They alert when the dog even swallows. Abuse I call it. Get one that can be adjusted and find the level that works on your dog and not more then it needs.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

technomaniac

Post by technomaniac » Mon May 25, 2009 10:07 pm

I also use a bark collar all the time on my shorthair. I have used a few different ones but the best by far is the tri-tronics bark collar. You just set it at one of 5 levels. It's about 100 bucks