thanx 4 all the help..., NOT!!!!

todddoering

thanx 4 all the help..., NOT!!!!

Post by todddoering » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 pm

i asked a question 2 weeks ago n had 89 people read it, but not one response!?! yeah, i'm glad i signed up!! what a joke of a website!!

mrsb73122

Re: thanx 4 all the help..., NOT!!!!

Post by mrsb73122 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Maybe you should try posting your question again. I don't find any other posts from you besides this one. I have found that generally most people are willing to give advice.
Sharon B.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Your profile states that you only have one post...this one obviously:

todddoering

So before jumping to conclusions how about posting it again...maybe there was a "glitch" somewhere...

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Am I misreading? How could you have asked a question 2 weeks ago, when you joined 5 days ago? :? Anyway, it might've been a question some of us aren't qualified to answer. I read most every thread, not to answer them, but mostly to learn. It appears you deleted it, since you only have a total of one post, so I can't even see your question now. I think too, that when you see how many folks have viewed posts like #89--some of those will be guests who aren't members and haven't signed up to be able to post responses. But I'm not sure on that. Anyway, if you really want help, it's just as easy to bump your post to the top--as to get smart with folks on a forum who offer FREE advice. Ask it again...

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Well since you have only one post, how is it that you asked the question? What a joke of an attempt to start and internet fight.

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Looks like you got some responses this time. Does that make you happy??

I have found that this is a very helpful forum. You might want to try again.

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:49 am

todddoering wrote: yeah, i'm glad i signed up!! what a joke of a website!!
I'm so sorry we forced you into so much trouble...

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:45 am

This is the only unanswered post with 89 viewings, so I assume this is the one.

The board will note that the poster has apparently changed his screen name. Nice move!
jrplake06 wrote:Hey guys, I have a friend that is training his dog in the Dallas area and i was wanting to send my lab to work with his golden at the same trainer. Needless to say he was very unwilling to give me the name and number of the trainer, we are very competitive, can yall point me in the direction of the best trainer in Texas, close to the Dallas or Lubbock area would be great!!

Well SIR, if this is indeed the post whose lack of response caused you so much upset...

Did you ever stop to consider that not everyone on this board lives in and around the Dallas/Fort Worth TX area? Did it ever occur to you that most folks actully do not live anywhere near Texas and have no ide who trains what down there?

Did it ever occur to you that at least half the folks on this board own pointing dogs and most of the rest own flushing dogs and therefore probably have no clue as to the identity of, much less the ability of, a retriever trainer from Texas or elsewhere? This is a gun dog board, not a waterfowl board or retriever board. The focus on this board seems tob e principally upland game, which you might have figured out if you actually participated for a while.

Anyhow, welcome aboard.

Actually I do know a trainer in and around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. HIs name is Tim Goerz and his kennel was Frontier kennels in Alvord,TX. I bought a pup from him several years back. However it was a pointer pup(and a good one too) because that was what he was into at the time. It is my understanding that he got out of bird dogs and is now into Chesapeakes. I have absolutely no idea as to what kind of trainer he is pointing dog or retriever, but I know he knows bird dogs.

If he is indeed training retrievers, I would make the assumption that he is trying to make a name for himself, so he might be a good person to try. If he is not training, he might well know those that are.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your delightful post. It was a pleasure.

RayG

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Obviously, we failed you. I am so sorry, "NOT". A follow up may have helped plus what Ray said. GEESH. :roll:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 pm

My guess is that his buddy must have sent his dog off to the trainer first. Sorry we couldn't help you win your bet or get one up on your buddy. Maybe you should be worried a little more about the quality of training you are getting for your money and how it is going to improve your dog in the future rather than competing with your buddy so much. I live in the Oklahoma panhandle and am closer to everything in Texas than I am to anything in Oklahoma so I would suggest you look farther south if you are training for waterfowl perhaps the Houston or Corpus Christi areas would be better than around Dallas. If you want the best waterfowl trainer in Texas then I am sure you can afford him and therefore you can afford to take a little drive down to the coast as well. Good luck in your search though, I hope you find a good trainer for your dogs sake. :roll:

bossman

Post by bossman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:57 pm

I read your post and didn't repond because I have pointing dog's and use pointing dog trainers. It has been my experience that this is the most helpful and professional gun dog forum on the web. In an attempt to help you, I did a search on "Retriever Clubs" in Texas. You might do the same and get numbers of members of the Dallas/ Ft Worth Labrador Retriever Club or the Heart of Texas Retriever Club and give them a call and get their suggestions. Hope this helps and good luck.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:34 am

if as Ray said that is his post- and he changed his users name and came back to post this way- maybe some who know a good trainer are a bit leary of talking

surprised this post is answered

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:32 pm

This surely isn't a good way to get answers. I don't think this thread has anymore good information to offer. If your question hasn't been answered then please start a new post so we can hopefully help you.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

todddoering

Post by todddoering » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:54 pm

i'm sorry to all of you that responded now, but i didn't change my screen name nor do i live in texas?? i"m not sure whats goin on w that? i was only looking 4 advice 4 my gsp pup, not an ''internet fight'' as someone mentioned? some of you sound very kind and i appreciate that, but now i'll just stick to books.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Stick around...I would wager a bet you would learn more first hand knowledge here rather than your books. Then again I am NOT a book person...tell me, teach me, show me and I retain it a LOT better.

FWIW, are you sure you do not have sites mixed up? The is another (probably more than one) site that looks very similar, has a similar following (many of the same members) http://www.versatiledogs.com/forum/

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:43 pm

OK....Let's start over. We're making progress. You have GSP's..I have GSP's..Where do you live...We are going to get you to a good trainer if you want one!!..Thanks

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:46 pm

todddoering wrote:i'm sorry to all of you that responded now, but i didn't change my screen name nor do i live in texas?? i"m not sure whats goin on w that? i was only looking 4 advice 4 my gsp pup, not an ''internet fight'' as someone mentioned? some of you sound very kind and i appreciate that, but now i'll just stick to books.
I have no idea what happened but I do know there was no post from you till you started this thread. For a matter of fact you were not a member of this board with posting priveledges when you said you had posted on here. But we all make mistakes so I hope everyone will accept that. You had to have posted somewhere else. I would suggest you start over and make sure you get your posts submitted so we can be of some help. If you would rather read a book that is ok too, but you can't ask a book questions.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.