Tri-Tronics - what is the "buzz sound" setting?

nooblet

Tri-Tronics - what is the "buzz sound" setting?

Post by nooblet » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 pm

The tri-tronics transmitter can have the reciever activate a "buzz sound." Is this like the vibrate associated with the Dogrta collars? My dog responds well to the vibrate.

romeo212000

Re: Tri-Tronics - what is the "buzz sound" setting?

Post by romeo212000 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:07 pm

It's sort of cross between a buzz and a beep, but has a similar intent. I use it to turn my dogs or call them in, especially when working with a newly trained dog, or newly broke dog rather than nicking them with a collar every time. I have a 2 year old GSP that is finishing up on her steady to wing and shot that I give the command and push down the button. If she doesn't turn or is a little slow, I give a light nick, and if she is still a little slow I turn it up a notch. I very rarely ever have to nick her right now. Frankly I dont really need to buzz her but for now its just a matter of really ingraining that into her head. It gives me one more level to work with and more flexibility. Keep in mind though a fair amount of time has been spent laying the foundation for this type of stim. I am sure it goes without saying you can't strap a collar on a dog and expect them to understand the cues. However, since your dog already understands the vibrate on the other collar you could probably get this in pretty easily.

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:46 pm

nooblet wrote:The tri-tronics transmitter can have the reciever activate a "buzz sound." Is this like the vibrate associated with the Dogrta collars? My dog responds well to the vibrate.
Is this on any Tri-Tronics transmitter/receiver? Or is only the upland model?

SwitchGrassWPG

Post by SwitchGrassWPG » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:00 am

Strictly sound, no vibration like a Dogtra.
Only thing worse than a bad dog is no dog at all...

http://www.switchgrasswpg.com

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:28 am

ok, I know about the sound, but wasn't sure how to get this buzz. Thanks for clearing it up for me!!