Beeper Collars?

TAK

Beeper Collars?

Post by TAK » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:58 pm

I am needing to replace a couple of Beepers and want a little imput on the different one's.
I have the Innotek that has went bad some time ago and I also have the Tri Tronics that lost all the volume Saturday. ????
Any of you use the Lovelets (sp?) or the ATS?
I do like the one piece unit like the Tri Tronics but could go after a 2 piece.
I could care less about the hawk scream, I just need a location of the dog when it is one point in heavy cover.
One of my TT beepers lost the volume this weekend? I have taken it apart and cleaned it the best I could and replaced the Battery, the only thing that worked is me banging it on the concrete and the Vol came back. Bunch of seeds, feathers and mud came out but I am not sure if that is the problem or if there is a short. I just hate loosing the dogs while guiding and having to go look for them!
Let me know what war stroys there are on the different brands......
Thanks Tom

goddog

Post by goddog » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:38 pm

a few seasons back, I had a similar issue as Tom descript with my TT beeper. On that unit, the tone would fade in and out, on an irregular pattern. After talking to TT, their recommended I blow out the rubbish with compressed air and put in a new battery, according to TT only Duracell brand will do and I have not had any more reoccurrence since.

SC

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:20 am

I got some of the same advice from Mrs TT but did get a little upset with the rest of the story! I found that they are not water proof or resistant and was told not to let the dog wear it if it is raining, snow on the ground or there is a chance that a dog will swim for a bird! Long story but I find it a little funny that in Mrs TT mind UPLAND BIRD HUNTING does not have water in it!
I think I will go buy a couple of the Sport dog collars to see how they hold up they claim a life time GEURONNNNNTEEE!

pear

Post by pear » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:29 am

Tom that is a complete opposite story from the one I got from TT. At the time their claim was waterproof. I've had mine packed with mud and dogs swim on occasion, never had a problem. Even rinse mine out when it's muddy. As for the Duracell......mine aren't new but they didn't come with Duracell in them........."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

goddog

Post by goddog » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:45 am

I found this on the Tritronics site today, indeed, thier beeper collar is water proof, I would think its brainless if they are not. In there, it also point out that you should replace it with a Duracell battery, it has to do with the dimension of the battery......

http://www.tritronics.com/Manuals/1083813A.pdf

ckfowler

Post by ckfowler » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:34 pm

I've used a baseline Sportdog for two years now and will probably need to replace the battery at some point. Swims nicely when needed but I'm not primarily a waterfowler. I'm holding out for one with remote locate, just the beeper as I haven't used a collar on my dog. Saw one, just need my other to break or the price drop a little to justify.
Colin

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:23 pm

Pear, Steve,
I know that mine has been wet many times. But I kid you not I called the number on the collar and talked to a female, not sure of the name but I refer to her as Mrs TT. SHe did tell me that they are NOT water proof and that it voids any warrenty if it is found that they got wet...?
I am going to call them again and see what they say this time. I am sure that I will get another rep or customer service person. Pretty interesting that Steve found where it said it is water proof but the workers say its not. I think they need to get on the same page.....
Thanks guys!

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:38 pm

goddog wrote:I found this on the Tritronics site today, indeed, thier beeper collar is water proof, I would think its brainless if they are not. In there, it also point out that you should replace it with a Duracell battery, it has to do with the dimension of the battery......

http://www.tritronics.com/Manuals/1083813A.pdf
The new ones are water proof but I always thought the old ones were water resistant

TAK

Post by TAK » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:41 am

Well I got me a Sport dog beeper to try. I have been running the dogs with it. This is what I think. The collar is loud enough to hear it at a good range. At each end there is caps one is to turn it on and one is to change the settings. I have yet to see that either of them have moved. I did mark them with my knife to see. I took the unit off the collar and sliped it on one of my dogtra collars, I like this alot. The dogs have been in the water with it on and no problems yet. The unit is pretty light and compact. So far so good with it. The life time guarantee is a big thing to me!

scotton

Post by scotton » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:50 pm

I've been happy with my SPort Dog beeper except that one of the belt loops broke off after very little use. I don't use it that often, so when I need it I just duct tape it to the collar. Usually I leave it on the bob white call and leave it in my truck bed so we can find the truck easily while hunting.