Mike Lardy DVD

fratelle

Mike Lardy DVD

Post by fratelle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi all,
I am thinking of purchasing the Mike Lardy DVD “e-collar conditioning” and the “retrieving DVD”. I am from Australia and am taking the advice from this forum as I have no knowledge of this guy but he seems like one of the best. I have done basic obedience and have purchased an e collar last week but do not want to start using it until I train myself first. Buddy my 14 mth old GSP has progressed thru the “Perfect Start” series well but I needed the e collar for “Perfect Finish” but as you know these DVD's have little retriever training (the pointing information is awesome) and I use my GSP for Ducks as well. I have not been disappointed with any recommendations from this forum so far so thank you all in advance.

fratelle

Re: Mike Lardy DVD

Post by fratelle » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Amasing first time no reply if you are not able to post for please pm

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Fratelle, Iv'e only seen bits and pieces of Lardys dvds but what I have seen is preety good stuff. He is one of the best retriever trainers in the nation I cannot imagine the other dvds being good, I would go for it.

JMO,
Chip

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 pm

There is no doubt that Mike Lardy is one of the most accomplished retriever trainers there is. That said, I found Evan Grahams "Smart Fetch" series easier to follow.

Rick Hall

Post by Rick Hall » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:58 am

It's my understanding that Lardy is offering a new, updated Total Retriever Training DVD and manual package, and if I took a fit to join the US retriever training mainstream, that would be my choice. (What I've seen of Graham's "Smartworks" stuff puts me to sleep.)
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2009-2010 season log)