New Pup training question

xNF

New Pup training question

Post by xNF » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:21 am

I am new the forums and very excited to join this forum. There is an abundance of information and a lot of
educated dog owners on this forum. I have a couple questions on my new dog. When is a good time to send her
to a professional trainer, and what age would be appropriate to do so?

New to the world.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: New Pup training question

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:37 am

Most trainer want to wait till a dog is ready for training

some have puppy programs which is basically a starter to expose pups to the field and gun shots then send home to grow up

You might want to find a trainer you wish to work with and they will give you parameters of what to do with your pup till such time pup is ready for formal training

and Pups can grow up with some manners when one talks but letting a pup be a pup it doesn't mean an unruley out of control dog...as Pups grow into behaviors they do not grow out of them :wink:

Good Luck PS on the front part of this sight is a link to some articles that people have written there are some puppy ones to give you an idea of hat you can do for now
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

xNF

Re: New Pup training question

Post by xNF » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:40 am

Thank you heading there right now.