Tri Tronics Bark collar

scott_r

Tri Tronics Bark collar

Post by scott_r » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:09 am

I have a bad barking GSP and purchased this unit and was wondering if any one else has used it and is it worth the $100. I have the G3 Upland and love that e-collar and assume that this bark collar will be of similar quality??

Cheers!!

gotblika

Re: Tri Tronics Bark collar

Post by gotblika » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:05 am

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 pm

The new units work great ,easy on batteries ,I rate them above the dogtra and i have one, they are hard on batteries.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:01 pm

The TT Bark Limiter is an excellent unit. I have used several in a kennel setting for years. New or old model it will work if you find the right setting of correction. Try it when you are home to watch and adjust as needed. Use the lowest steeing that will stop the barking. I am sure many other brands work very well too. Lots of advancements in the technology. Since you bought the TT model just use it and it will get the job done, always has.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:15 pm

I give the TT 2 thumbs up! We go thru quite a few batteries tho, wish it was rechargeable.
brenda

birddogsunlimited

Post by birddogsunlimited » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:06 am

i have 2 of the dogtras they work great for me and i have a gsp that likes to bark well liked to the collar did the trick and she nolonge barks unless some one is at the door.
rossi ann. gsp
mavrick gsp
willow gsp
Charlie yellow lab
kimber yellow lab
barrett yellow lab
mikey choc. lab r.i.p buddy

wilsonwires

Post by wilsonwires » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:31 pm

I have four of the tt bark collars and they have given me good service.
Ron Wilson
Wilson Wirehairs
Dallas, Georgia

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:00 pm

i have two TT bark collars and like them. had one sportdog before but it was too sensitive, pay the extra for the TT.

the only problem i have had with the TT is when i stake my dog out on a chain. when the chain rubs against the collar it will shock (i imagine any bark collar would), quick fix though, i just staked her out with a rope connection. after a while they know what the bark collar is and they will not bark once you put it on them, to save the battery life for when it is needed and to prevent accidental shocking on the chained stake out i hardly ever turn it on anymore. the batteries have never been changed in mine, bought them 1.5yrs ago used.

most people buy bark collars for a certian dog, cure the dog to a reasonable level, then sell the bark collar to recoup some of the cost. i picked up both of my relatively new TT bark collars for $35 and $50 each using craigslist.

windswept

Post by windswept » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:00 pm

natetnc wrote:most people buy bark collars for a certian dog, cure the dog to a reasonable level,
That's interesting. I've only had one barker. The TT bark collar did keep him from barking but it by no means cured him. He wore the collar for a day then he was good to go for about a day then back to the collar again for a day.

Adam Dahlstrom

Post by Adam Dahlstrom » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Does it work for whining? (the TT)

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 pm

no
brenda

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:52 pm

4 TT's here and no problems. Have never tried other brands.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:22 am

From what i have herd buy the TT now because thats what you will end up with in the end. Minds is dummy proof as i mention earlier

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:24 am

never mind i posted on the wrong thread :idea: i just woke up an havent had my coffee yet :?

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:58 pm

windswept wrote:
natetnc wrote:most people buy bark collars for a certian dog, cure the dog to a reasonable level,
That's interesting. I've only had one barker. The TT bark collar did keep him from barking but it by no means cured him. He wore the collar for a day then he was good to go for about a day then back to the collar again for a day.
my point was to suggest there are a lot of used TT bark collars around, not to imply that all dogs can be cured of barking with the bark limiter......... :roll:

gotblika

Post by gotblika » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:35 pm

After looking at the new TT I guess it's alright, says it last at least one year on the battery. I swear mine would only last maybe 2 months but this was over five years ago. If I had to buy another one today I would get another dogtra.

Micle Thomson

Post by Micle Thomson » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:22 am

Hi friend,
Personally I have also using this collar for my favorite dog. Remember that a Tri-Tronics Dog Collar is very effective in training sporting and hunting dogs. It helps bring out the best in every dog, but only when it is used correctly.

Thanks
Micle Thomson
Micle Thomson

Dog Bark Collar

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Scott,
I have both units and both work pretty well, the TT is not a recharageable unit,the Dogtra is. Also my Dogtra is a more sensitive unit. Both are a good purchase.
RGD/Dave

Vman

Post by Vman » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:24 am

Like others I have both the TT and Dogtra. The TT works good, but is not user friendly. I like to introduce the bark collar with the Page of the Dogtra. Once the dog knows how to turn off the page I move up to level two. Very seldom will I ever have to go past two on a dog. The Dogtra has a nice little switch you can turn up or down. Don`t have to take it off the dog. I can look at it and tell what setting it is on and I can easily adjust. The TT you cannot do that. You have to take it off and count blinking lights. You can`t tell what setting it is on without taking it off the dog. The TT works like it is supposed too but is not nearly as nice as the Dogtra.