Force Fetching rate of progress

labman21

Force Fetching rate of progress

Post by labman21 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Those of you out their who have ff'd your dogs, how much progress did you make in the first three days? Drake is doing really well in my eyes, how were your dogs? Please comment
A dog is only as good as his trainer.

EvanG

Re: Force Fetching rate of progress

Post by EvanG » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:14 pm

labman21 wrote:Those of you out their who have ff'd your dogs, how much progress did you make in the first three days? Drake is doing really well in my eyes, how were your dogs? Please comment
I hope no one is keeping track. I mean that simply to say each dog is different. A case study in the book SmartFetch outlined one dog, to which the book is dedicated, took 8 weeks just to get her reaching for a bumper. The day I was going to call the owner and wash her out, she broke through. She earned 17 Derby poionts and was QAA. You just don't know with any of them until you give them a chance.

EvanG
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
― Mother Teresa

There is little reason to expect a dog to be more precise than you are.-- Rex Carr
The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
Official Evan Graham Retriever Training Forum

mmassoud

Post by mmassoud » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:24 pm

A wise old trainer told me, "Son, it takes as long as it takes".

SeniorCoot

Post by SeniorCoot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:40 am

Above correct- I have had pups who FFed in a few days and latest 18 mos YLM took 3 wks of Very Patient work- and a refresher course about a week ago when he started dropping my dinner at my feet after 2-3 mos of excellent retreives to hand.