Finding a Trainer

NeBrittany

Finding a Trainer

Post by NeBrittany » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:30 pm

What are the odds of finding a reputable trainer that has a history of successfully working with soft Brittany's in either Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa, North Eastern Kansas, or North Western Missouri?

I tried working with a trainer that was a stone throw from where I reside and his "relation" with the dog impressed me. Though IMO he had no social skills what so ever when it come to working with people. He reminded me of some one I use to work with, that one minute he could get along with everyone, but come back five minutes later and it seems he has a completely different personality i.e. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

There's a trainer in Central Texas that I like his style, but driving eleven hours.....I just don't know if I am up to it.
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence

-George Washington-

jayhawkj

Re: Finding a Trainer

Post by jayhawkj » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 pm

I cannot say enough good about Chad Bloomer of Bloomer Kennels. He's located outside of Ottawa KS and did a great job with my brittany and my brothers GSP. I'll be using him again in the future and I'm a particular guy when it comes to my dogs!

NeBrittany

Post by NeBrittany » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 pm

After doing some digging around.................

Has anyone here ever dealt with:

Dale and Kris Taylor at Premier Gundogs Training in Hallam, NE?
http://www.premiergundogs.com/index.html
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence

-George Washington-

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 am

Norm even though he has GSP's is pretty good he is over in Alma Ne little bit of a drive from Lincoln he is not a big time trainer but he has done a nice job on his dogs and a few other people i know dogs

PM me if you want his number
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

gmanksu

Post by gmanksu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:42 pm

I have not seen some one as good with soft or "problem" dogs as Jim Gourley just North of Salina, Ks www.setterdogs.com

NE GSP

Post by NE GSP » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Try Kevin Stonehouse Kountry boy kennels super nice guy and loves Britts just south of Beatrice in Ks. Also Josh Nieman www.quailcanyon kennels.com in Elwood Ne. excellent young trainer grew up with Britts has tons of grounds to work on. Dale and Kris Taylor do a fine job also nice folks.

Tim

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:55 pm

I saw Kevin Stonehouse last October and at that time he's stopped training.

What about Bob Burchett in Iowa? He's one of top winning Brittany field trial trainers in that part of the country and he does take on hunting dogs during the off season.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

NeBrittany

Post by NeBrittany » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Karen wrote:I saw Kevin Stonehouse last October and at that time he's stopped training.

What about Bob Burchett in Iowa? He's one of top winning Brittany field trial trainers in that part of the country and he does take on hunting dogs during the off season.

I had seen something on TV a while back. Don't remember what it was exactly but they did mention that the party owned "several" dogs, and that they were in Iowa. As I was watching the show I couldn't help but notice that every dog he had was a Brittany.

At that time I had done some scratching around but couldn't come up with anything about the party. Now to this date I don't remember squat, other than "I believe" they are in eastern Iowa, and he had (my guess) close to a dozen Brittany's......

-George Washington-

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 am

Scott Johnson - CoveyFind Kennels in Winfield, KS. A little further south then requested but well worth the travel time.
http://www.coveyfindkennel.com/

buckwildbirddogs

Post by buckwildbirddogs » Wed May 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Dale and Kris Taylor are excellent people. Their dogs are wonderful. One of the top GSPs in NSTRA right now has been trained by them. After talking with him about our pup (which is out of the male he trained) I would not hesitate to send any of our dogs GSP or Britt to him.
Bobby & Danielle Meade
Buck Wild Bird Dogs

Dixieland's Buck Wild - GSP Male
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2260
Packman's TipToe N Maggie - GSP Female
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2261
BW's Fancy Rawhide Rebel - GSP Female
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2262
Abby's Ramblin Rose - Brittany Female
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2267