looking for someone to train with.......

jimbo&rooster

looking for someone to train with.......

Post by jimbo&rooster » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:06 am

Ok I have decided that dispite my best efforts my GSP will probly not make his full potential with my limited experience training pointing dogs.... so I am looking for someone to train with who is within an hour or so drive of Terre Haute IN. I would be willing to pay for birds and do whatever I can to help the other person to the best of my ability. I have a funny work schedual so it would be probly every other week or so since my weekends are hit or miss whether ill have them off. I am not looking for some one to train my dog but rather someone to help me get pointed in the right direction and offer some experience.
Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Hattrick

Re: looking for someone to train with.......

Post by Hattrick » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Look up your local NAVHDA Chapter..Dues are cheap GREAT PEOPLE! LOTS OF EXPERIENCE... They have training day`s threw out the year an you will get to no sum people that train all the time an will be willing to help you as well. I was lucky the breeder i bought my GSP from turned me on to this an had registered her for NAVHDA, with part of my responsibility of owning one his pups was to running her in Natural Ability test by the age of 16mth .... best thing i could of done, i now have access to all the training i need to have a complete hunting dog.. I would recommend this to a none hunter as well..you will be on way in short order....GOOD LUCK

larry

Post by larry » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:55 am

I also recomend NAVHDA, I only see one chapter listed for Indiana but they should be able to put you in contact with members in your area. www.NAVHDA.org

mmduncan

Post by mmduncan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 pm

I live in Avon (just west of Indy) but I'm a retriever guy. Try Indiana sportsmans forum there are actually a lot of people on there looking for training partners. Also I am looking for birds so if you know where I can get my hands on some hit me up thanks.
HRCH Walkers Puddle Jumpin Koda "KODA"
Duncan's Haulin a Limit "LIMIT"

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:09 pm

thanks for the info guys. ive got a guy I work with that is into the NAVHDA scene but from what I gather they do most of their training on weekends and as I said my weekends are hit or miss, which has made finding some one to train with difficult to say the least.
MMDUNCAN I got a line on some pigeons the other day if it works out that they are actually available I will PM you and give you some info.
Jim

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:09 pm

thanks for the info guys. ive got a guy I work with that is into the NAVHDA scene but from what I gather they do most of their training on weekends and as I said my weekends are hit or miss, which has made finding some one to train with difficult to say the least.
MMDUNCAN I got a line on some pigeons the other day if it works out that they are actually available I will PM you and give you some info.
Jim