Perfection Kennels DVDs "Perfect Start" and "Perfect Finish"

outdrs111

Perfection Kennels DVDs "Perfect Start" and "Perfect Finish"

Post by outdrs111 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi everyone,
Can anyone provide any feedback on these DVDs ....either Pro or Con to a first time Brit owner?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Tom

sweetsong

Re: Perfection Kennels DVDs "Perfect Start" and "Perfect Finish"

Post by sweetsong » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Tom,

I thought both were very informative and helpful.

Terry
Terry & Kim Singsank
Sweetsong Shorthairs

Sweetsong's Wildfire Greta
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=160

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Very detailed and thorough. Good on camera shots showing the timing of a correction using the e-collar. Easy to follow whether beginner or advanced. Together, they take you from starting out to finishing the dog. Best of all it's setup to allow you to stop and work on a given section before advancing or just plain review previous chapters. The video is setup for using launchers and lots of pigeons.

Money well spent IMO.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I believe them to be the finest pointing dog training DVD's now available. I highly recommend them.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:38 pm

I liked the finish video and use a method somewhat like that. - I have no helper, less pigeons, and fewer launchers -
All of what has been said I agree with, but would caution, that depending on the lines of your Britt, and individual toughness, the method could take some syle out, especially if you push to hard in the training. even so it's a good one to watch. Try to get your hands on at least 3 different videos/books from diff trainers and then as you get to know your pups personality and your own schedule/budget/equipment/etc. you'll be better prepared to choose the best method for you personally. 8

I should add: I have watched it about 12 times now, and it's pretty long! SO despite my cautions I really learn something everytime I see it. Very good concept.

gozz21

Post by gozz21 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 am

Great dvd's that are very informative. Goes into a lot more detail than your normal 30 minute training dvd.

Fireside

Post by Fireside » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:12 pm

I really appreciate they way they show several different dogs being worked...and that the dogs are at the level of the lesson, not a finished dog they they are using for video purposes. Some dogs do better than other and they specifically show how to bring those dogs along, not just show the lesson going perfectly and leave you to wonder how to solve problems.

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm also a big fan and I think chaingang said it best. I actually just got back today from their Kennels picking up a 14 month GSP they did a great job with. As others have commented...as with any dog of any breed, bring them along according to their maturity. Would highly recommend the dvd's..

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Just to expand a little on what Fireside said:

I think the beauty of their videos is that they are not using trained dogs initially and just going through the motions. NO, they are using customers dogs at all stages of their training. They show you bold dogs and softer dogs and how to handle each. You get to see a particular dog in the beginning stages of it's training and how to overcome their own specific problems and then later on down the road you see how the dog has advanced. And most important you get to see what happens when things go wrong, and we all know that training doesn't always go as planned. You get to witness this and how to overcome problems with individual dogs. This is a very easy method to follow, but centers on the premise of lots of bird work.

redman25

Post by redman25 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:20 am

I just received the Perfect Start video a couple of days ago and I've watched both dvds two times already. Very informative and being a beginner I FEEL like it was a very good choice. Like others have said, they use numerous dogs of various ages, temperaments, and skill levels in a variety of situations. They lay out the process very simply. They stress very strenuously the importance of having access to lots of birds, so that should be taken into consideration. I'm in the process of locating some pigeons and building a coup to supplement this. A remote launcher is preferred, but a manual launcher can be used, and an ecollar is also needed. The other items needed are relatively inexpensive and listed during the intro. Hope this helps.....

outdrs111

Post by outdrs111 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Thank you everyone for the great feedback!

I ordered the set. I'm excited to have this resource for my rescue Brit.

Have a great season, and thank you again.

Sincerely,

Tom