Pigeon launchers

3Britts

Pigeon launchers

Post by 3Britts » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Okay, so I have decided that I will go ahead and get a few remote pigeon launchers.
What, in your opinion, is the best on the market?

Georgia Boy

Re: Pigeon launchers

Post by Georgia Boy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:19 pm

For the money I like the DT
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

larry

Post by larry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Dogtra again, I have had 4 for several years now with no problems.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:05 pm

DT + 1

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:28 pm

DT is my choice. I like the side load door and I can place several quail in one to simulate a multiple flush. Buy at least two (2) for training purposes as you'll find them more useful than just one in several situations.

Nitrex

Iowa

Post by Iowa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:27 am

Just got 2 DT, love them. Although the side loader is difficult with the size of pigeons we are using. Seems loading them from the top is better.

I got mine used off this forum. For a fraction of the price they work great.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 am

I have used Wag Ag, EZ, B&B Farms and now have a Lion country Supply. Some guy's told me the Lion Country Supply is really the old Inoteck. Maybe and maybe not, it works wonderfully well. I'm not sold on the idea of trap doors to slide birds in and out, just to easy to push them down from the top. Another thing I like about LCS is the size of the basket, plenty of room for even a big pigeon. The other's I've had aren't avaliable anymore I don't think. So I really think what is important is a basket large enough for big pigeons, a rather small remote that you can hold and operate a gun at the same time and plenty of range setting off the traps. The LCS has all of that for a lot less than any others. I am sure that Dogtra, DT and TriTronics make good traps but the pirce of them is to high for me. Bear in mind these are not something that get a whole bunch of use unless your training outside dogs. You get your dog to some point then put the trap away till you need to work on a problem or get a new dog.

Come to think of it, I have used one of those load from behind with a set trap. I think it was a DagTra and it did work very well. Expensive though. My old B&B Farm traps are pretty weak now, 20yrs old. But I can pull off the electronics and bolt on the LCS and have new traps. Small basket though!
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks for all of the information.
Some of the locals have been training with me this year, so I thought that it would be a good idea to load up on launchers for Spring. I am thinking of getting four. I really like the idea of loading several quail in one to simulate a covey.
Now I just have to see how many I can afford.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 am

You can put three launchers in one spot and simulate a covy launch. Get's the dogs attention if it breaks and swuddenly another bird comes up and then another

Mark Payton

Post by Mark Payton » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 am

Don,

I have a couple of the Innoteks, and they are bulletproof. Mine have been used hundreds of times, but my one complaint is the 1/2 to 3/4 second delay after you press the button. Do the Lion Country units have a delay?

I also have a couple EZ launchers that I rigged with the Tri-Tronics transmitter/receiver and a solenoid from a car's electric locks. They work real well, too, but with no delay and a buzzer so I can find them later :)

Mark

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Mark! No. no delay. release instently.

doco
Location: Massena, NY - on the Northermost US/Canadian Border

Post by doco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:34 pm

I use the Innotek exclusively. Lion Country did buy the rights to the launchers and they are the same. I have not purchased a new one form LCS yet but the innoteks hold up fairly well. Anyone with a little mechanical knowledge and electircal skills can repair them easily. The motor inside the control box is nothing more than a common servo for remote control planes. $10 to replace it from a used RC dealer and it already comes with the proper connector on it. The original advantage to the Innotek, was that you only needed one remote to operate the launchers, the backing dog, and the shock collars, hence not scrambling to grab the right remote out of 3 to operate everything.
If You Ain't Lettin Lead Fly, Nothin Falls......

KJ's Hightailing Saddle x Von Grief's Abbey Road Litter
Whelped 12/23/2010

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3061

FC Von Greif's Abbey Road
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3059

FC/AFC Heidi Von Greif
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3060

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:38 am

Don wrote: I'm not sold on the idea of trap doors to slide birds in and out, just to easy to push them down from the top....You can put three launchers in one spot and simulate a covy launch.

The side trap door sure makes it easy to load 2-3 quail in to a one launcher. I really don't like to set out that many launchers, nor buy that many. If only loading one bird, I often just use the top as well.

Nitrex