check cord in mouth?

Tall Boy

Re: check cord in mouth?

Post by Tall Boy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Correct him everytime he does it until he stops. It can be either play or a slight challenge to authority, the c.c. is an extension of you after all.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Tall Boy wrote:Correct him everytime he does it until he stops. It can be either play or a slight challenge to authority, the c.c. is an extension of you after all.
Yep..just keep walking along and just as soon as pup tries to grab for it make abrupt jerks making it uncomfortable for the pup to try and grab and do not allow it to become a tug a war
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

dubbs

Post by dubbs » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:34 pm

My GSP did this when she was younger too. I just kept taking it out of her mouth and now she doesn't do it anymore. I also made her carry a dummy on our walks so she couldn't put the leash in her mouth. That worked too. In my case I think she did this because she didn't like having the cord attached to her. I'm sure it's just a puppy thing and it will go away.