Retriving?

willt

Retriving?

Post by willt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 pm

I have a dog that used to fetch really good as a pup know that she is older, she really dont want to fetch to me no more. I put her on a CC and toss the knotted towel and she will go pick it up, and she wants to run away with it so I reel her back to me while praiseing her the whole time but she dropes it half way back. So my question is what can I do to get her to retrive it to me all the way back? Thanks in advance.
Will

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Retriving?

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Get two of the same thing and let her see you have another to toss. Later you can use them to run marks. I suggest large bumpers.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:28 pm

How does she do with birds?

Unless her fetching other objects is important to you If she retrieves her birds leave it alone

I have a couple dogs that are snappy on their birds toss a ball out or a stick and they look at you with this look of "What do I look like to you, a Retriever? :roll: " :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

willt

Post by willt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:32 pm

As a pup she has a soft mouth now she chews the pigeon and kills it cause she is so excited about it. She gets a little overly aggressive with the bird.

NA

Post by NA » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Will, has she been FF'd? It may could help the situation.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:56 pm

I think you should tell her you are taking her back where she came from. That ought to scare her straight. :)
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.