E-Collars

Greek

E-Collars

Post by Greek » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:38 am

My experience in training dogs has been with Police K9 and Personal Protection. I have used the Dogtra 1200 NCP. I would like to know what the preferred models are for the Gundogs and what you like about that model/brand. Thanks!!

isonychia

Re: E-Collars

Post by isonychia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:01 am

There are a ton of posts on this. Try the search option or look in the general section, there is a thread that is currently active. Most people here advise tri-tronics, I have a sport dog but will be buying a tritron next.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:52 am

Welcome to the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=31242
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

4dabirds

Post by 4dabirds » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:21 pm

I like the dt2400 series. Collars they make a two dog model. They break the levels down to 50 different levels. The collar has nick stimulate jump and rise buttons as well as vibrate. The stimulate jump buttons allows you to notify with the lowest level the dog feels then stimulate at a higher level. This collar was developed by dt and George hickox. I have a friend that trains guard dogs as well as hunting dogs and he uses the dt . You could probably get his point of view his web site is muttmanners . Com

Dashin Gun Dogs

Post by Dashin Gun Dogs » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:05 pm

I have the DT 7102 model. I have used it everyday for 4 years. One of my collars stopped working 6-mo ago. I sent it in, and they sent it back the next week. I like their customer service, and the dependability and durability speaks for itself.
Chris Andrews
Dashin Gun Dogs
www.dashingundogs.com
"Developing enjoyable and obedient companions"

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Just a heads up.. recently a man died with a dog collar on. DO a Google search for weatherman found next to dead man.... interesting.

Dashin Gun Dogs

Post by Dashin Gun Dogs » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:59 pm

I am from Arkansas, and i was surprised by our local weatherman. What a FREAK.
Chris Andrews
Dashin Gun Dogs
www.dashingundogs.com
"Developing enjoyable and obedient companions"

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:15 pm

I prefer the Tri tronics collars ..Pro 100 is what I have for training the G# sport is also good for training...Tough and reliable
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.