Working Jersey at the Duck Blind (PICS)

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Working Jersey at the Duck Blind (PICS)

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 am

Had a nice day for training today 60 degrees out so we took JERSEY (9months old) out to do some retrieves at our blind, she does well with blind retrieves and follows hand signals GREAT!! also headed over to the beach to work on some retrieves...i will post a video of her being called and heeling off lead as its something weve been working on with her as well..opening day is next weekend so we are getting ready and really excited to get her out on some waterfowl :D thanks for looking...ruth

waiting to be released for a retrieve..

GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Working Jersey at the Duck Blind (PICS)

Post by Sharon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:20 pm

I couldn't tell from the pics Ruth but do you send the dog into the marsh with no collar? I recommend it. I had a GSP once get caught up on a submerged log with collar on. I had to go in and rescue her.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

quackaddict

Post by quackaddict » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:55 pm

That looks like a mighty fine place to kill some ducks. I'm envious.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:29 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:Had a nice day for training today 60 degrees out so we took JERSEY (9months old) out to do some retrieves at our blind, she does well with blind retrieves and follows hand signals GREAT!! also headed over to the beach to work on some retrieves...i will post a video of her being called and heeling off lead as its something weve been working on with her as well..opening day is next weekend so we are getting ready and really excited to get her out on some waterfowl :D thanks for looking...ruth

waiting to be released for a retrieve..

I would give a lot of money to have water like that just to train in.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:52 pm

thanks guys and gals, sharon no we didnt have a collar on her, she will be wearing her vest next weekend though, we hadnt brought it today but will everytime now for sure..and yes guys its a NICE place to train and hunt :wink: today was perfect weather too :D thanks...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)