Jersey coming to heel off lead (9months)

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Jersey coming to heel off lead (9months)

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 am

weve been working jersey off lead to come and heel then being released..shot this video but it really doesnt do her justice on how well she will heel off lead from any distance, we are very pleased for her being a 9 month old pup, thanks for looking.. :D ...ruth

click on video to view...

Last edited by GUNDOGS on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

pointshootretrieve

Re: Jersey heeling off lead (9months)

Post by pointshootretrieve » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Maybe I am missing something or you posted the wrong video link :? That certainly doesn't look like off lead heeling to me, recall I'll give you but I think I counted 4 "here" commands :wink:

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:58 pm

pointshootretrieve wrote:Maybe I am missing something or you posted the wrong video link :? That certainly doesn't look like off lead heeling to me, recall I'll give you but I think I counted 4 "here" commands :wink:
nope i posted the right video, it was HERE 2 x and HEEL 2x...what i wanted to show was the fact that we are working with calling her in then heeling her in the heel position without her lead on which for a 9 month old pup is quite an accomplishment imo, we will with more training get to having to only call her in once and be able to heel her to our left side in the heel position before being released, she will also walk off lead on heel no problem but thats not what i was wanting to show...ruth

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Jersey looks like a great dog. I watch a few other videos also. She is definately well documented.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:00 am

birdshot wrote:Jersey looks like a great dog. I watch a few other videos also. She is definately well documented.
thanks, i like to show her obedience in the field, to recall her from a hundred yards away when she is excited and wants to just keep on running, tell her heel and her come to our left side then to whoa her and her wait to be released is due to alot of training and time spent with her and i enjoy sharing her progress on things.. all that panting in the background was my boxer lol, i never realized it was on there until i just watched it again, he was on heel off lead walking with me as i called him in so we could video tape jersey..they had quite the day of exercise :D ..ruth