Gertie

DonF
GDF Junkie

Gertie

Post by DonF » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Holly and her boy friend, Clayton, brought Gertie out today and we fooled with her a bit. Started by pulling the flight feather's on a pigeon and tossing it on the ground for her. Never saw a bird with no flight feather's fly so well! Well back to the loft and got another bird. This time I made sure I got them pulled and looks like I darn near did! Made it across the street! Well I got another out and about stripped it of feather's. Threw it on the ground and the da*n thing ran under the loft where we couldn't get it! I'm sure this was really impressing my visitors! Well got another out and this time pulled the flight feathers and hobbled it. Took it well away from the loft and crossed my finger's and tossed it. Finally! Gertie took off for it and pointed it a bit. Then she tried to catch it. Finally caught it and she brought it back to Holly. We did a few more like that and Gertie was bringing it back every time. That bird went back in the loft to grow some new flight feather's. Then we Got several birds out and stuck one in the remote. Gertie has started using her nose. Probably started while over east last weekend and ran over some chukars and then pointed the last one. Well we filled the trap several more times and she made it obvious that she was looking with her nose. A couple of the point's were really nice. I'd show them to you but in the process of putting them on a deal for Holly, I took them out of my computer. Hey Holly, bring that deal next time so I can get them back! As a matter of fact, post some on here.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Gertie

Re: Gertie

Post by Gertie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks Don! What a day! Here's a few pics. A couple of them turned out really nice :lol:

'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

chuckanut

Post by chuckanut » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 am

Not normally much of a setter guy but that is a really pretty pup. Looks like you're having a good time too.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:53 am

Good lookin pup!

Benny

Post by Benny » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 am

Looks like it was a good time...those pigeons look terrified lol! :D

It's rewarding to see hard work start taking gains. Good looking pup!
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Good looking dog, seems to be very smart too.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:54 pm

She is wise beyond her months :wink: Thanks everyone, I think she's great too. I lucked out with this one!
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'