Update

wes70

Update

Post by wes70 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:53 am

I am just amazed at how smart my new EP is. When we are at the house she will not listen to me. I can not get her to do anything. But as soon as we get in the truck and to the field. She listens to every word. Took her out last night to run. She is venturing out further away from me now. At first it was bout 10 yards now she run till I call her name. She stops and looks for me. I say come here. She looks like deer runnin from a yote dead sprint. Need to get started on the pointing and finding birds. Going to start that this weekend. If you see me doing anything wrong please let me know.

gr_elliott

Post by gr_elliott » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:55 pm

that is all i do at this point, we just go out nad have fun and run around. My dog does the same dead sprint back to me when I call, about half the time he gets about 3 feet from me and just dives right into my chest when i squat down. It is amazing how a 30lb puppy can put a grown man on his arse

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:51 pm

Wow your lucky. My dog is the opposite starts off good at the house and wont listen in the field. Glad to see you are having a good time.

bondoron

Post by bondoron » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:00 pm

Ryan I feel you pain. Mine is great in the house also. When she hits the field there is too many other things to do than listen.