Anyone in AZ interested in helping a newbie?

azquailhntr

Anyone in AZ interested in helping a newbie?

Post by azquailhntr » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Is anyone in AZ interested in helping me a little with my GSP? She is 11 mo old. She finds birds every time we are out but, I have only seen her point a handful of times. I haven't used anything but wild Quail near my house. Usually when she gets into them she is too far away for me to grab the chek cord and I haven't restricted her by holding the cord the whole time. I would like to meet up with someone with more experience than I have to help evaluate her and possibly give me some ideas. any takers? Thanks!

BigTub

Re: Anyone in AZ interested in helping a newbie?

Post by BigTub » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:11 pm

what part of az?

azquailhntr

Post by azquailhntr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:43 pm

I'm in Mesa but willing to drive if needed. Thanks for any help

trigger1989

Post by trigger1989 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 am

Pm sent

Idylwyld

Post by Idylwyld » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 pm

You should be able to find someone who can point you towards the Az Pointing Dog Club. Good club, used to do training days.
Long time ago they were the AZ hunting dog club.
You will find folks in that group to help you.

skyehunter

Post by skyehunter » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Did you have any luck? I am In Phoenix as well and looking to get out with a few locals. Went to AZPDC meetin and intend on attending more but schedule conflicts seem to be getting in the way with their meeting night. Any suggestions how your request went?

steamer

Post by steamer » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 pm

have you tried these guys http://www.gccnavhda.com/ not sure if they train near you but you might check them out

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:26 pm

If you wannt to get out of the heat, you are welcome to come up to the White Mountains to train with our club members.

http://whitemtnbdc.weebly.com/

Some of us will be a field trials in the mountains over the labor day weekend.

azquailhntr

Post by azquailhntr » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I did meet up withTrigger from the forum yesterday. We had a good time helping each other run the dogs. We only had 2 pigeons but we made due. Mistakes were made but progress was made as well. All in all it was a good deal. he and I will be doing that again as time permits.

I haven't been able to get to any AZPDC or NAVHDA stuff yet but will be trying to make all of that happen soon.

AZ Britt Guy, thank you for the invite. I may take you up on that. Getting out of th heat sounds pretty good right about now :D

Skyehunter, anytime you want to try to make it out let me know!

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:17 pm

[quote="azquailhntr"]Thanks for all of the suggestions. I did meet up withTrigger from the forum yesterday. We had a good time helping each other run the dogs. We only had 2 pigeons but we made due. Mistakes were made but progress was made as well. All in all it was a good deal. he and I will be doing that again as time permits.

I haven't been able to get to any AZPDC or NAVHDA stuff yet but will be trying to make all of that happen soon.

AZ Britt Guy, thank you for the invite. I may take you up on that. Getting out of th heat sounds pretty good right about now :D

Skyehunter, anytime you want to try to make it out let me know![/quot

Let us know when ever you want to come. We have the birds and the equipment.

BigTub

Post by BigTub » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 pm

I would like to hear more about the event over Labor Day. I will be up in Eagar.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:52 am

BigTub wrote:I would like to hear more about the event over Labor Day. I will be up in Eagar.

The Trials begin on Friday, Aug 31st and ends on Monday, Sept 3rd. Sponsored by the Sahuaro Brittany Club and the Greater Phoenix Brittany Club. All registered Pointing Breeds accepted and judged according to AKC FT rules. The trials are horseback but walkers are accepted. The entry deadline is probably closed but come on out and see some great dogs.
Take SR 260 East out of Pinetop and go around 25 miles to FR 117. Take FR 117 North around 4-5 miles to FR 61. Bear left and take 61 another 3-4 miles to the poll fence coral (Galispe Flats) and continue for about a mile and the campgrounds will be on the left

skyehunter

Post by skyehunter » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Appreciate u letn me jump in on your thread, no highjacking meant. Though it might help to get some of us together from AZ that are looking to train. :D PM sent....

Hope I can make it out to some of the cooler climates and visit your clubs as well.