bark collar

ibbowhunting

bark collar

Post by ibbowhunting » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm

well my year old britt likes to bark to much so my wife bought her a bark collar without asking me first :roll: the collar is rechareable and has no setting just increase stim if the dog keeps barking, is there any intro to this or do i just strap in on and let it do its work, she been intro to the ecollar with the here command, any input would be nice

campgsp

Re: bark collar

Post by campgsp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

let it do its job. the dog will learn to understand its self.

sniperjon

Post by sniperjon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I have one. now that the days are getting shorter and the dog is out more in the dark she will bark at any old sound. it works for my dog and does not affect any training I do but thats me.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Start the collar at a low setting. Realize there is a learning curve so just because the dogs barks at the beginning doesnt mean it is too low. Also if your dog is conditioned to return to you with correction you will want to not have people around at first. Use in the kennel or crate. The dog will firlgure out that this has nothing to do with you...

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Must better to have a collar with setting options. Those "one size fits all" can be too much for some dogs. I had one that would stimulate when the dog yawned or drank. Keep an eye on when that collar activates itself.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:05 am

Sharon wrote:Must better to have a collar with setting options. Those "one size fits all" can be too much for some dogs. I had one that would stimulate when the dog yawned or drank. Keep an eye on when that collar activates itself.
i dont think it is a one size fits all, it starts at the lowest level then increases stim until the barking stops,and then starts over at the lowest level?

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 am

I stick around within earshot after application. I had a dog freak out and the yelping continued to activate the collar until I quickly removed it.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 am

gotpointers wrote:I stick around within earshot after application. I had a dog freak out and the yelping continued to activate the collar until I quickly removed it.
Also had bad experiences with that make of collar..If they yelp it shocks them harder, hence scream, then it gets worse....Tri Tronics makes best b collar
brenda

RayJ

Post by RayJ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Does eating and drinking set off a bark collar because of the throat movement?

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm

RayJ wrote:Does eating and drinking set off a bark collar because of the throat movement?
Yes, but a good one shouldn't. It can also be set off by rubbing or bumping it against something. These problems are usually assosiated with the cheaper bark collars.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Tri Tronics makes and excellent collar. I also have sold and used Dogtra. I like the dogtra because it comes in 2 sizes. Shock setting is adjustable and other dogs barking don't set them off.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:39 am

i thinking of bring the bark collar i have back, a buy a dogtra or tri-tronics one which one is better or are they both good

rufuslatke

Post by rufuslatke » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:23 am

I personally like the SportDog bark collar. I used the tri-tronics first, but it went off a lot when my dog wasn't barking. The SportDog has a vibration and a sound sensor, and only shocks the dog when both are tripped. That way it doesn't shock the dog if it whines or growls.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 am

TT

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 pm

birddogger wrote:
RayJ wrote:Does eating and drinking set off a bark collar because of the throat movement?
Yes, but a good one shouldn't. It can also be set off by rubbing or bumping it against something. These problems are usually assosiated with the cheaper bark collars.

Charlie

Exactly.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Gundog

Post by Gundog » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Don't like the electric ones that shock a dog. We had the one that sprays for our Foster Brittany last summer. Worked great!

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Dogtra senses the vocal cords. Works great.

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Does anyone make one for Whining?

I have and had in the past dogs that don't bark but whine.

Sometimes after wearing bark collar they know NO Barking. But they then Whine sometimes very loudly.

Can be more of a nuisance than barking with neighbors.
NASDC 3xNGDC-RU FC AFC Gertrudes Blue Brandi JH (Brandi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=4915
FC Hi-Tailyn Elektra Fly'n (Elektra)http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4916
Hi-Tailyn Katara (Katara) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4917
Hi-Tailyn Brandi High (Heidi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4920

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Most of them sense the vocal cords, sounds like the dog has figured out a way to avoid the correction. Might try a remote if you are around to give a correction when whining? Up to you must be some pretty loud whining. How close are your neighbors? How about hanging a radio out in the kennel to drown out the whining. Just tune to talk radio and that will put your dogs to sleep.

Double Shot Banks

Post by Double Shot Banks » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 pm

we used one on one of our little dogs, it would shock then wait 10 seconds so it didnt over shock him, he soon learned to bard then wait, or just whine a bunch
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.