Grant, Lindsay, and Bell training Video!!!!!!

grant
GDF Junkie

Grant, Lindsay, and Bell training Video!!!!!!

Post by grant » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Lindsay and I took bell for a practice today, and got it on video! Take a peek!

http://www.gundogforum.com/temp/carmichaels.wmv

:D

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:51 pm

Very responsive dog!

I ordered the Perfection Kennels videos and will start training next month. Hopefully Jutus will be half that responsive by this November. Right now all he wants to do is run and sniff and play!
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

ourhunters

Post by ourhunters » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:19 am

Awesome job training! This is your first hunting dog? We pick our shorthair up from training labor day wknd. Can't wait - he's been gone 3 months - miss him like crazy. Don't think we'll do that with our next one. Nice Video.

Caren

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:14 am

Ayres,

Kage is the same way. He's only about 8-9 weeks, but we've been playing with quail and getting familiar with them. Right now he chases them around and catches them, takes them to a nice spot and just sits with them. Eventually the bird takes off and the chase starts over again.... =)

Caren,

This is the first dog I've trained, but I think Bell has trained me more than I've trained her. I started learning to train about last year. I made SO Many mistakes, I'm sure I would have ruined any other dog, but I guess Bell and I were really bonded, so she seemed to look over my mistakes. I remember at one point I said to Bell "I just keep messing you up, so I just let you hunt" Sure enough, all the natural instincts came out and she's turned out to be a good'n in my eyes! I enjoy working my own dog too. I guess it has its negs. and pos., but for me the good times out weight the bad.....