Male or Female ?

waterfowltime26

Male or Female ?

Post by waterfowltime26 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:54 am

What sex is better for retrieveing and why! Should I get a male yellow lab or a female?

rinker

Re: Male or Female ?

Post by rinker » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 am

I think it comes down to personal preference. I don't think it really matters at all.

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 am

waterfowltime26 wrote:What sex is better for retrieveing and why! Should I get a male yellow lab or a female?
does not matter.what i look for in puppy[lab] is one that seems to use their nose a lot.
out of say 8 pups you wll se some that do this or will bring ball back to you etc.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 am

Get the opposite of the one you already have. Mixed sexes tend to do better in a home situation. I think you have a female, right? Then get a male pup. Females are notoriously bad for having issues with other females more than they would a male in the house. Eliminate that potential if you have no other reason to prefer a same sex dog.

Waterdogs1

Post by Waterdogs1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 am

I would pic the breeding first then the sex then the color.
http://cottonwoodretrievers.com/ "Our Passion is Retrievers"

waterfowltime26

Post by waterfowltime26 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm

RoostersMom wrote:Get the opposite of the one you already have. Mixed sexes tend to do better in a home situation. I think you have a female, right? Then get a male pup. Females are notoriously bad for having issues with other females more than they would a male in the house. Eliminate that potential if you have no other reason to prefer a same sex dog.

Thanks!

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 am

RoostersMom wrote:Get the opposite of the one you already have. Mixed sexes tend to do better in a home situation. I think you have a female, right? Then get a male pup. Females are notoriously bad for having issues with other females more than they would a male in the house. Eliminate that potential if you have no other reason to prefer a same sex dog.
females mean it when they bite,males dont.you are right!