Need amateur Field Trial Handel for my dog.

wildwindgundogs

Need amateur Field Trial Handel for my dog.

Post by wildwindgundogs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm

I have a FC Gsp that needs to earn 2 points to finish her AFC title. I'm in MN and I'm planning on go to a few puppy trials. Please call me at 320-460-0434 if you can help or know someone that can.
Wild Wind GunDOGS
Josh Holden
320-460-0434

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: Need amateur Field Trial Handel for my dog.

Post by Neil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:46 am

wildwindgundogs wrote:I have a FC Gsp that needs to earn 2 points to finish her AFC title. I'm in MN and I'm planning on go to a few puppy trials. Please call me at 320-460-0434 if you can help or know someone that can.
???? I don't understand the question, puppy trials for an AFC? What kind of help?

OK, I think I have broken the code. You are looking for an amateur to handle your FC GSP at trials you will be attending in MN to run your pup, right?

Not sure how you got a FC without meeting some people, unless you just moved. I suggest you ask the club secretaries or ft chairman, or bettergo to a trial and introduce yourself, Many enjoy running dogs. But if it is a dual sanctioned trial with AFTCA, they can only handle two( or maybe it is 3) not wholly owned by them.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 am

I checked. It is only two not solely owned, if more all dogs will be disquailfied.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 am

So you can't run 3 dogs you co own?

He bought the dog with the FC I believe.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 am

In an amateur stake, you can run 3 dogs not wholly owned by you or your immediate family. If you co-own with your wife, dad, son, etc - that counts as wholly owned.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 am

phermes1 wrote:In an amateur stake, you can run 3 dogs not wholly owned by you or your immediate family. If you co-own with your wife, dad, son, etc - that counts as wholly owned.
I believe that is the AKC rule, AFTCA is two. That is what I was confused about last night.

That and the rule the handler must have a Win Certificate to run a dog in an AFTCA Championship are the most overlooked rules in the book. They have just started enforcing the dog needing the Cert.

Interestingly, both Cert requirements are waived for the Britt Championships, don't know about the other non pointer/setter breeds.

m2244

Post by m2244 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Ha ha, I thought you wanted a name for your dog. I was going to try to come up with a cool gun dog name.

Handler. Got it.

Good luck.