Send away or train yourself

Michael L

Send away or train yourself

Post by Michael L » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 pm

I have a 6 month old GSP and and I want to start training him but I live in a suburban area, although I have 60 acres land about 2 hours away. With limited space to work with him I am considering sending him to a kennel. How hard will it be to train him in the limited space I have everyday. If I do end up sending him to a kennel, what do I look for in my search for a trainer?

Ghosted3

Re: Send away or train yourself

Post by Ghosted3 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:40 am

If you can afford to send the pup to a good trainer that would be your best bet in my opinion. For research for trainers in your area, just ask around for who is a good trainer or facility within "X" amount of miles from you and get some good feedback, visit the place and see if that is some place that you would like for your pup to go, see if you can find some reviews on the different places ect. Good luck with whichever you decide to do.

Corry

Duckdon

Re: Send away or train yourself

Post by Duckdon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:11 am

Michael L wrote:I have a 6 month old GSP and and I want to start training him but I live in a suburban area, although I have 60 acres land about 2 hours away. With limited space to work with him I am considering sending him to a kennel. How hard will it be to train him in the limited space I have everyday. If I do end up sending him to a kennel, what do I look for in my search for a trainer?

I find it hard to believe that you live in the great state of Texas and can't find training grounds closer that a 2 hour drive. I sure have it good......
That said take a serious look at Perfection Kennels, Jon and Cindy Hann. They are very good trainers and get my "Thumbs Up" . Don