Pippa at 8 months, a work in progress...

mlittle

Pippa at 8 months, a work in progress...

Post by mlittle » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:30 am

We have been getting Pippa, and Annie ( the 2 pups I have from Knine) out about 5 days a week on birds. Pippa is 8 months now, and Anne is 14 months. We usually just put them on 1 or 2 birds then let them run loose in another field afterwards that does not have birds to 20 or 30 minutes each. Jack and Clay have been doing it in the mornings when I am out of town, then I am with them on the weekends.
Pippa has been really doing well for a youngster. She has had no pressure and is doing things on her pace. Up until this mornings video she had taken no steps before pointing for a couple of weeks. Most recently she has not moved as the bird was launched. I took the phone out with me so I could show you. Oh well...
This morning was a step back on both of those! She took steps, and broke when the bird launched. I should have guessed it! Still, I think she is doing great. Good things are coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9RBLji2vEo

mlittle

Re: Pippa at 8 months, a work in progress...

Post by mlittle » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:48 am

Here is Annie at 14 months. She is truely getting better each time out. I was in the woods too far away to launch (antenna is broke on the remote!) when she took the steps before locking up. We will start her on walking birds next week. They just cut the hay on the training grounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g5nlFo2kcA

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 am

I've seen a few of K9's dog's up here in the past year trialing. She has put out some really nice dogs.

Can I make a suggestion? That check cord. Don't roll it up in your hand. Rather feed it in and out through your hand and leave the back end lay on the ground behind you. It will improve timing if your not fooling with looping the thing.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm

mlittle wrote:We have been getting Pippa, and Annie ( the 2 pups I have from Knine) out about 5 days a week on birds. Pippa is 8 months now, and Anne is 14 months. We usually just put them on 1 or 2 birds then let them run loose in another field afterwards that does not have birds to 20 or 30 minutes each. Jack and Clay have been doing it in the mornings when I am out of town, then I am with them on the weekends.
Pippa has been really doing well for a youngster. She has had no pressure and is doing things on her pace. Up until this mornings video she had taken no steps before pointing for a couple of weeks. Most recently she has not moved as the bird was launched. I took the phone out with me so I could show you. Oh well...
This morning was a step back on both of those! She took steps, and broke when the bird launched. I should have guessed it! Still, I think she is doing great. Good things are coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9RBLji2vEo
Pippa sure looks like her momma
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ScottE

Post by ScottE » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Really good work!

big_fish

Post by big_fish » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:33 pm

nice stuff they look great good job.
I will take the dog and not the gun but never the gun without the dog !

KK&S

Post by KK&S » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Looks good!

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks Don. I agree with the cord. I didn't notice he looped it. I have been on him about gloves too. He now has one really cool burn across the back of his leg... I'm just dad. I don't know anything. :D

I will post some more on here in a couple of weeks. They are getting better every week. The past few days have been about handling and more yard work. No birds.