The Spaniel Spot

CDN_Cocker

Re: The Spaniel Spot

Post by CDN_Cocker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:07 am

Loki is looking good! Cute pup. Driving you nuts yet?
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

FirearmFan

Post by FirearmFan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 am

CDN_Cocker wrote:Loki is looking good! Cute pup. Driving you nuts yet?
Occasionally he is a bit much. He is a pretty well behaved pup overall. The worst is the rough housing between him and my French Bulldog. They are destroying the hardwood floors in my brand new house!

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:34 pm

I have the same problem with mine and the dachshund. It's to the point I only have one out of the crate at a time. They never stop if they're out together.
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:I have the same problem with mine and the dachshund. It's to the point I only have one out of the crate at a time. They never stop if they're out together.
Yea it's a real problem when you have to take them out together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_bs3N0-kKo

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 pm

polmaise wrote:Yea it's a real problem when you have to take them out together.
Did that dingo eat the American cocker? :mrgreen:

Cass and others of us ain't got the ground some privileged few can unleash the hounds on.

MG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:01 pm

crackerd wrote:
polmaise wrote:Yea it's a real problem when you have to take them out together.
Did that dingo eat the American cocker? :mrgreen:

Cass and others of us ain't got the ground some privileged few can unleash the hounds on.

MG
I can appreciate that, So I take them to the public park :)..The American survived ! :mrgreen:
S1030002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Yeah I take mine to the park and out in the woods together but I do not have the space for them to run around like idiots inside the apartment. That's why they switch off lol
Cass

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:50 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:Yeah I take mine to the park and out in the woods together but I do not have the space for them to run around like idiots inside the apartment. That's why they switch off lol
Yup , I can see the problem !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQDftM6P1ck

Tomb82

Post by Tomb82 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Doing a little training with doc this afternoon. He's very calm inside the house for a 4 month old pup but once he gets in the field he flips a switch and it's go mode!!! He's my first bird dog and were having a blast!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Tomb82 wrote:Doing a little training with doc this afternoon. He's very calm inside the house for a 4 month old pup but once he gets in the field he flips a switch and it's go mode!!! He's my first bird dog and were having a blast!
Looks like a real cracker
Cass

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:30 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:Yeah I take mine to the park and out in the woods together but I do not have the space for them to run around like idiots inside the apartment. That's why they switch off lol
Hmmm! That's why I have a Big open country with lot's of woods, so they don't run around like idiots's ...Inside 'My apartment'?...Perhaps that why ''mine don't switch off''?
Hey Crackerd'...thought you had the best Distractions/Attractions for them there Spaniels with all them White Goose? :mrgreen:

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 am

polmaise wrote:Hey Crackerd'...thought you had the best Distractions/Attractions for them there Spaniels with all them White Goose? :mrgreen:
Black geese, Robt., the white 'uns keep flying away. For the non-slip (and glass slipper - as in the Cinderella spaniel story) crowd:

Besides that ol' BOYKINS ARE BETTER DOVERS bumper sticker, there oughta be a new one:

MUD POODLES ALWAYS TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE

MG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Some switch MG.
Black or white, or size don't matter (imo)
'Switching' them on and off depends on what you 'switch' them on too'..So perhaps the 'House' ain't the best for some of them 'Parlour' tricks with a Cocker you want to 'Non slip' ?

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Dunno, Robt. - have to think non-slip is a good bet for them that can't "turn on the jets" afield -

and speaking of bets, them parlour tricks have netted a few bob over the last dozen or so years from that'n what's plodding above.

MG

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:45 pm

crackerd wrote:Dunno, Robt. - have to think non-slip is a good bet for them that can't "turn on the jets" afield -

and speaking of bets, them parlour tricks have netted a few bob over the last dozen or so years from that'n what's plodding above.

MG
Great photo of a dog and his prize!

However "What does this mean? " have to think non-slip is a good bet for them that can't "turn on the jets" afield"
Pray tell do I need Navajo decoder ring to understand this!
I'm 100% in favor of LGBT - Liberty, Guns, Bacon and Trump.

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Means you've seen Sussex' pace - they ain't got no jets to turn on. Well, maybe a little acceleration. Them and Clumbers - working Clumbers, from the UK. But they ain't white lightning either, just as the Sussex wouldn't be what anyone's inclined to call a golden flash. :)

Did you go to the ESS National? I was trying to figure if it was over the same ground the Master National was held a couple years ago. Hope you can report some of the "proceedings" in retrospect - be good to get a recap of it.

MG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Them Sussex mighty' be better used with the pace of Peacocks' MG?
Sure would need a 'Flash' of brilliance to make this lot wake up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCMhJsy4H_o

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Got a mouthful of tailfeathers in nearly pegging a big gobbler once, Robt., but pegging a peacock might prove more challenging. Gundoggguy might have to start stocking them in the UP - they could be UPP (Upper Peninsula Peacocks). Looks like the dogs are retrieving the Washington Redskins' mascot when they bring 'em in. Also curious how such a vid could be viewed 150K times and nobody seems to have "pointed out" to the narrator that he's got the name of the dog breed used on the peacocks out of whack. They're cesky fouseks - not (unless it's NZ slang for them) cesky fouskys.

MG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am

crackerd wrote:Means you've seen Sussex' pace - they ain't got no jets to turn on. Well, maybe a little acceleration. Them and Clumbers - working Clumbers, from the UK. But they ain't white lightning either, just as the Sussex wouldn't be what anyone's inclined to call a golden flash. :)
MG
Talking about acceleration and flash !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pJTyDCgkk#t=117

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 am

polmaise wrote:
crackerd wrote:Means you've seen Sussex' pace - they ain't got no jets to turn on. Well, maybe a little acceleration. Them and Clumbers - working Clumbers, from the UK. But they ain't white lightning either, just as the Sussex wouldn't be what anyone's inclined to call a golden flash. :)
MG
Talking about acceleration and flash !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pJTyDCgkk#t=117
Looks like my dog. He always hunts like he's on crack
Cass

Blackjaw

Post by Blackjaw » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

Pics from the Cocker National have been posted on the site for those interested http://www.fieldcockers.com/ncc2013/index.html . Some really good action shots by Carol and Jeff Janousek.

Note the orange tape on the legs so the shooters can distinguish wild from planted birds.

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Did you go to the ESS National? I was trying to figure if it was over the same ground the Master National was held a couple years ago. Hope you can report some of the "proceedings" in retrospect - be good to get a recap of it.

MG
Of course putting that in the Sussex vernacular. Makes perfect sense, donot have line 'em up with fence post but it might help.
Concerning the NOC in Maryland, was not there though from blogs and phone conversations and PM's I think most will be glad to visit high ground in Kansas next year. Weather was dreadful, ducks would have made more sense!

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Blackjaw wrote:Pics from the Cocker National have been posted on the site for those interested http://www.fieldcockers.com/ncc2013/index.html . Some really good action shots by Carol and Jeff Janousek.

Note the orange tape on the legs so the shooters can distinguish wild from planted birds.
Thanks for that, Those are best of the photos from the 3 different Nationals this year. The NAC photos were terrible, The NOC were passable, however the NCC were just excellent! Thanks again!
Oh Yea any word on whether the Paul French video is going to become available?

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:09 am

Polmaise, Pam is nice dog. Is she one of yours? Good video also.

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:35 am

What's the secret to avoiding snowballs in their paws? I keep Jake's leg feathers trimmed so he doesn't collect snow there but his big ol' paws are like snow magnets.
Cass

bpope

Post by bpope » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:12 pm

I just ordered some Musher's Secret...I haven't gotten to use it yet, but the reviews seem good!
CDN_Cocker wrote:What's the secret to avoiding snowballs in their paws? I keep Jake's leg feathers trimmed so he doesn't collect snow there but his big ol' paws are like snow magnets.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:16 pm

birdshot wrote:Polmaise, Pam is nice dog. Is she one of yours? Good video also.
Not mine , sadly birdshot. belongs to hettysway spaniels. Nice little dog. :wink:

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Cass, I used wd40 during a hunt once, worked well enough. I believe the secret is for them to have waxy feet. My cocker stops periodically and pulls them out with his teeth, he might have some wolf or coyote in his pedigree.

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:58 am

Are there any spaniel publications? Maybe something HT/FT related or the like? Kind of thinking something similar to RetrieversOnline?
Cass

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Nothing with absolute focus on training a la Mr. Voigt's RetrieversOnline. There was SITF - maybe gundogguy can give you some of the checkered history of what was once a fine chronicle of spaniel exploits. More recently there was spanieljournal.com - still an accessible site but seemingly all archived features now.

MG

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Yeah I like the spaniel journal however, I read through all the articles a year ago before I even got my pup when I was devouring any info I could find. I have also seen the SITF site, but there are not nearly as many articles. Wish there was something like those out there, too bad the spaniel sports aren't as popular (at least for that reason, probably better that they are for a multitude of other ones). Something like RetrieversOnline would be awesome. I have a couple issues that a neighbor of mine gave me and they are awesome as they have diagrams for drills and explanations and all that, even stuff that you can do on your own. I have been fortunate to have a great dog - my training has been a bit all over the place and it hasn't negatively affected him and he is quite advanced for his age so his breeding has been quite forgivable for any shortcomings I may have. However, it would be great to see different things I could also do on my own from a spaniel perspective. The retrieving drills are great, but that is only one aspect, and one he is particularly strong at. Trial and test specific things would be interesting to read. I am the type that needs to absorb absolutely everything I can find - be it through reading, communicating or watching others. I like to know all I can - especially when it comes to this interest which has taken me by storm in the past year.
Cass

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:02 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:....my training has been a bit all over the place and it hasn't negatively affected him and he is quite advanced for his age so his breeding has been quite forgivable for any shortcomings I may have. However, it would be great to see different things I could also do on my own from a spaniel perspective.
Cass, you've seen gundogguy's videos, noticed how many folks he's got helping out with the training? - which is to say there ain't a whole lot you can do on your own, nor would you want to, with spaniels if you're focusing on competition, particularly field trials, but also hunt tests (spaniel hunt tests) if you're training for them at the highest level. Which you should be, as there's no reason not to with a field-bred spaniel of any breed.

If your training's all over the place, help will come when you catch up to the spaniel group you've mentioned. With retrievers, it's altogether possible to go solo even for field trials - viz. Mr. Voigt's Training Retrievers Alone http://www.ybsmedia.com/index.php/shop/ ... nnis-voigt - but you need "help" (training partners/guns/another handler for bracing) with spaniels for getting them into the competitive swing.

MG

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:57 am

crackerd wrote:
CDN_Cocker wrote:....my training has been a bit all over the place and it hasn't negatively affected him and he is quite advanced for his age so his breeding has been quite forgivable for any shortcomings I may have. However, it would be great to see different things I could also do on my own from a spaniel perspective.
Cass, you've seen gundogguy's videos, noticed how many folks he's got helping out with the training? - which is to say there ain't a whole lot you can do on your own, nor would you want to, with spaniels if you're focusing on competition, particularly field trials, but also hunt tests (spaniel hunt tests) if you're training for them at the highest level. Which you should be, as there's no reason not to with a field-bred spaniel of any breed.

If your training's all over the place, help will come when you catch up to the spaniel group you've mentioned. With retrievers, it's altogether possible to go solo even for field trials - viz. Mr. Voigt's Training Retrievers Alone http://www.ybsmedia.com/index.php/shop/ ... nnis-voigt - but you need "help" (training partners/guns/another handler for bracing) with spaniels for getting them into the competitive swing.

MG
+1 Great advise! Crackerd
A word concerning D. Voight's, " T.R>Alone" video is excellent, His stand alone marking and blinds drills are readily converted for spaniel training, though drilling should be use occasionally, not as a total program for the upland spaniel.
As Crackerd noted many videos that I post involved a number of people and in most cases the viewer only see those that are in the scene and not in the background. Group training whether for fun or profit has been a part of my life for some 25 + yrs..
On this forum alone I think there a least 4 folks that are part of spaniel groups around the country. None of whom I train with, though if we did train together the flow and order of the session would be quite easy to assimilate. Spaniel training is quite homogenous across the states. I have trained with groups in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Illinois, New York, Texas.
Because group training is so prevalent here in the US the need for an on-line depository of information is low. And Cass that is why you are only finding a few resources of reading information. Most information exchange takes place at the "Group"
I'm sure SpringerDude(Missouri) could offer some insights, as well

Concerning this notion of popularity I thank God that the retriever game is where it is at and the spaniel game is where it is at. Popularity is not always something one should wish for. I enjoy The Springers breed popularity and would not want it any higher.
as for entry numbers at events, field trials, I have friends that wish were not so popular, as me I think the entry numbers are about right. I'm probable not the guy to talk about the test program, I feel it has a lot to be desired and I'll leave at that. Training for test or trial is two different animals so to speak and I like the trial animal better. As for hunting dogs my trial rejects make great hunting dogs.

A fine foggy morning Saturday, reminded me of the that Christmas song Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

Santa came to say Zeta with your nose so bright will lead my winter's hunt today.
At the end of the vid Slo- Mo replay showing boldness and strength of flush...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLfDsOJRLxI

Fog is a hoot for spaniels in the snow!

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks Hal, I am quite excited to hook up with the group I have found, even though it will involve a lot of driving. That was an awesome video, HUGE flush!
Cass

krakadawn

Post by krakadawn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:46 am

As Cass is finding out there certainly is not a lot in print to satisfy one's appetite. Our retriever world of resources has been expanding although more so from the dvd perspective. Bill Hillman (Hawkeye media) has been rapidly expanding his offerings, all I've seen are very good.For those wanting a quick look, go to YBS Media' site for the menu of resources. They offer quick delivery as well.

Years ago a retriever club in Ontario published a monthly newsletter. It eventually was picked up by Jane Thompson who offered it on a broader basis throughout Ontario. That eventually became Retrieversonline published by Dennis and Fiona. It certainly stands on it's own merits, certainly not much else like it either.

The last section of Training Alone was shot at our duck camp with yours truly doing the interview.

Regards,
Jim

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:42 pm

bpope wrote:I just ordered some Musher's Secret...I haven't gotten to use it yet, but the reviews seem good!
CDN_Cocker wrote:What's the secret to avoiding snowballs in their paws? I keep Jake's leg feathers trimmed so he doesn't collect snow there but his big ol' paws are like snow magnets.
I was disappointed with it. Dogs had most licked off before we got to the fields. Ice balls still formed. Directions say to use sparingly but I'll try a little more next time. Pretty expensive not to work well.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:58 am

CDN_Cocker wrote:Thanks Hal, I am quite excited to hook up with the group I have found, even though it will involve a lot of driving. That was an awesome video, HUGE flush!
Had a few moments to relax before the invasion of Christmas revelers.
Cass,how much snow cover do you have in the area where the spaniel group will be meeting? Here in SW Mich we usually call it quits about 10-12 inches. I always have a watchful eye on the forecasts. For example we will be good to go for 12/28, though cold and windy, i absolutely love the wind. However 01/04/14 is still not sure thing. The last 3 winters have been very favorable for winter training , 4 years 2009, we did not go to the fields for 15 weeks 4 months of held. Hopefully we can at least do our field work a couple times a month this season.
Merry Christmas to all!

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:18 pm

gundogguy wrote:
CDN_Cocker wrote:Thanks Hal, I am quite excited to hook up with the group I have found, even though it will involve a lot of driving. That was an awesome video, HUGE flush!
Had a few moments to relax before the invasion of Christmas revelers.
Cass,how much snow cover do you have in the area where the spaniel group will be meeting? Here in SW Mich we usually call it quits about 10-12 inches. I always have a watchful eye on the forecasts. For example we will be good to go for 12/28, though cold and windy, i absolutely love the wind. However 01/04/14 is still not sure thing. The last 3 winters have been very favorable for winter training , 4 years 2009, we did not go to the fields for 15 weeks 4 months of held. Hopefully we can at least do our field work a couple times a month this season.
Merry Christmas to all!
We have a ton of snow so I haven't been doing much Training. We got hit with a bad ice storm so it's virtually impossible to do anything. On a side note I got a go pro! So if i ever figure it out I plan on posting up some videos of Jake.
Cass

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:08 am

FBEC is on our short list for our next pup. Looking for breeder/kennel recommendations. Thanks much!

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:36 am

rkappes wrote:FBEC is on our short list for our next pup. Looking for breeder/kennel recommendations. Thanks much!
Jim Karlovec in Ohio of Flushing Star Gun Dogs. I have an 11 month old and he's unbelievable. Smartest dog I've ever owned, and an amazing hunter and retriever. www.flushingstar.com
Cass

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 pm

rkappes wrote:FBEC is on our short list for our next pup. Looking for breeder/kennel recommendations. Thanks much!
These are few right in Minnesota.

http://www.stonewalkerkennel.com/about.html

http://www.workingenglishcockers.com/Home.html

You would be go to go with a pup from either of these kennels!

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Since this is the 'Spaniel Spot', I'll assume you are looking for a spaniel? (doh!..bear with me I'm from ScotlandCounty.com)
Your next pup?...what one (s) have you had before?..Is this the first ''Spaniel'' pup ?..Or the 'next dog pup of this kind'?
Just asking ,as it can/could be crucial to your requirements for recommendations (imo) no matter where in the world you are! :wink:
Before ,all these good people offer personal recommendations on 'their' experience. (well intentioned!) ...But a bit like asking .."Who is the best Boxer's of all your time?".
Some would say 'Cassius Clay'....others may even say 'Muhammad Ali' ! :lol: ..Other camps would clump for 'Mike Tyson'!?.............
End result, is just a bunch of opinions and recommendations!...
Just go out and get yer pup from who you know,and who you trust!...I'm sure with the right training and guidance it will be all it's going to be,no matter the breeding or the breeder!... I have seen too many duffers! come from ftch x ftch ! ..either side of the pond !!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:45 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:
Jim Karlovec in Ohio of Flushing Star Gun Dogs. I have an 11 month old and he's unbelievable. Smartest dog I've ever owned, and an amazing hunter and retriever. http://www.flushingstar.com
Thanks for the info!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:45 pm

gundogguy wrote:
These are few right in Minnesota.

http://www.stonewalkerkennel.com/about.html

http://www.workingenglishcockers.com/Home.html

You would be go to go with a pup from either of these kennels!
Thanks for the info!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:00 pm

polmaise wrote:
Since this is the 'Spaniel Spot', I'll assume you are looking for a spaniel? (doh!..bear with me I'm from ScotlandCounty.com)
Your next pup?...what one (s) have you had before?..Is this the first ''Spaniel'' pup ?..Or the 'next dog pup of this kind'?
Just asking ,as it can/could be crucial to your requirements for recommendations (imo) no matter where in the world you are! :wink:
Before ,all these good people offer personal recommendations on 'their' experience. (well intentioned!) ...But a bit like asking .."Who is the best Boxer's of all your time?".
Some would say 'Cassius Clay'....others may even say 'Muhammad Ali' ! :lol: ..Other camps would clump for 'Mike Tyson'!?.............
End result, is just a bunch of opinions and recommendations!...
Just go out and get yer pup from who you know,and who you trust!...I'm sure with the right training and guidance it will be all it's going to be,no matter the breeding or the breeder!... I have seen too many duffers! come from ftch x ftch ! ..either side of the pond !!

Hey polmaise, thanks for the reply.

That’s the problem; I don’t know anyone in the cocker world so I’m looking for a starting point.

We currently have a mutt (German Shorthair/Springer mix). She’s a fun little dog, wonderful little bird dog. Grew up with American Britts, parents currently have a French Britt. This would be our first time owning an English cocker. Our short list of pups right now includes: FBEC, Setter or French Brittany…wouldn’t mind a Boykin either. Sooo many dogs, sooo little time.

We are at least a couple years out from getting a pup but like to do our due diligence. The closer the better but we are willing to basically go anywhere to get a pup.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:46 pm

rkappes wrote:
Hey polmaise, thanks for the reply.

That’s the problem; I don’t know anyone in the cocker world so I’m looking for a starting point.

We currently have a mutt (German Shorthair/Springer mix). She’s a fun little dog, wonderful little bird dog. Grew up with American Britts, parents currently have a French Britt. This would be our first time owning an English cocker. Our short list of pups right now includes: FBEC, Setter or French Brittany…wouldn’t mind a Boykin either. Sooo many dogs, sooo little time.

We are at least a couple years out from getting a pup but like to do our due diligence. The closer the better but we are willing to basically go anywhere to get a pup.
Starting points are quite rightly them that have already started and running?.Hmm!.?
If you are at least ''a couple of years from getting your undecided next pup'' ,then you are ''HALF WAY'' there to getting the right one!!, Not HALF WAY' !on getting the best one :wink: ..If it was that easy!?..Christ, me and Oppie would be bed bunks! :lol: ..Talking about 'Boykins' however?...I personally will be embarking on this ''breed'' for the very first time!! and some time soon!..before you have your next 'pup'!.....First for Me!.....I may make a hash of it!?...But I am sure along the way I can call upon a few friends to help me out? (do you?) ..apart from programs that may or may not fit, or internet links that don't suit the dog you have?..perhaps?.....Due dillegence I can relate to!!....Close is getting wider?, and hey'!..getting the one (I want) is 3,500 miles away . :wink: . All the best R.

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Just made my first attempt at making a video with my new Go Pro. Nothing fancy, just Jake doing a single mark. The "snow" is glare ice, we had a huge ice storm for 3 days. I'm never gonna figure this camera out! Here's the vid: http://youtu.be/YFIzMFm5y7o
Cass

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:22 pm

CDN_Cocker wrote:Just made my first attempt at making a video with my new Go Pro. Nothing fancy, just Jake doing a single mark. The "snow" is glare ice, we had a huge ice storm for 3 days. I'm never gonna figure this camera out! Here's the vid: http://youtu.be/YFIzMFm5y7o
Ok Cass!! for the purpose of authenticity and I kinda have a soft spot for 'yer wee dug' !
I'm honestly not being argumentative !! Your first go pro clip is not a single mark! ..it's a hand thrown dummy from the line!..that ain't a mark!! (for a retrieving point),that's just the dog being told when to go ! (see! ,you will get them uppitty fussed up coon's come in) Did Krackadawn teach you this in 'puppy'?..I'm sure he did!...but not for this wee dog ''just for the camera''!! ..I was looking for the go pro on the dog?...for a single mark!...and all that 'focus' on the mark!!!....from the sky :)
Did you think for a minute I would say it was good?....Merry Christmas :mrgreen: :wink:

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:25 pm

LOL Alright, thrown retrieve. Regardless, nothing fancy. Wish I could figure out how to adjust the light settings on the blasted thing

EDIT: changed the title just for you P, hahaha
Cass

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Thanks for the demo Cass. ...but I thought the camera was going to be mounted on the dog. You do have a nice dog by the way.