Need help with my pup!

zburgess

Need help with my pup!

Post by zburgess » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 am

I am new to the site. I have a 5 month old GSP. He as you can imagine is a handful. However, he is very obedient and minds well. I am having a helluva time with him urinating in his kennel. I know he can hold it because he holds it all night long. When I leave and put him in his kennel it never fails. I do not know how to go about this. I am very new to training hunting dogs and need some help because it is getting old!

Thanks

SD44

Re: Need help with my pup!

Post by SD44 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:13 pm

How long to you leave your pup in the kennel when you are away? I take our pups out multiple times before we put ours up. We also monitor how much water they take in prior to putting them in the kennel. The other thing might be that his kennel is to big for him.
Cheers,
SD

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Need help with my pup!

Post by Sharon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Probably anxiety about you being gone. At night he know you're just upstairs. Don't with hold water. How long is pup in the crate? IF all day , while you are at work, someone needs to come in at lunch and take pup out.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett