Daily Training?

reba

Daily Training?

Post by reba » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:49 pm

I have the time to train my two GSP's almost daily.

One is a seasoned 5 year old male the other is a well started excellent hunter at 14 months, retrieves and backs.

My goal is more control because at times they really like to just run wild; but they do find birds.

I would like them to stop, whoa and recall like little robots.

I need an outline and what exercises to use in my daily training. Books? Videos?

Thanks

AZ Brittany Guy

Re: Daily Training?

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Not sure I like the term "little robots" but I like my dogs to go with me and come to me and work like a team member. I do want my dogs to venture out several hundred yards to find birds. I figure I can find birds on my own within 50 yards. Read the book "Training with Mo" then come back and ask questions. :)

DoubleBarrel GunDogs

Post by DoubleBarrel GunDogs » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:22 am

Do the dogs respond to commands in the yard? If not, it is not realistic to expect them to respond in the field. George Hickox has a great yard work program. www.georgehickox.com

Nate

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Join a local NAVHDA chapter they will get you started in the right direction and you will probably make a few good friends in the process. Whoa, heel are things you can work on a little every day in kitchen or back yard. Start short and increase time as you progress. good luck