DT or Dogtra Launchers

GmanHawaii

DT or Dogtra Launchers

Post by GmanHawaii » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Looking to get some remote launchers, I like both the DT and Dogtra any opinions on either?
"If you can't stand behind our troops. feel free to stand in front of them"

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: DT or Dogtra Launchers

Post by RayGubernat » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 pm

I have Dogtra quail sized launchers. Had two of them for over fifteen years. Just bought a third. They are fine for quail and chucker. All but the fattest pigeons will fit in the launcher. The launchers pop the instant I mash the button. There is no lag or delay.

If I remember to charge the units and also remember to turn them on...they have been utterly and completely reliable.

I have had to replace battery packs and solder on a loose or broken wire or two over the years, but I cannot recall the launchers ever failing when they were turned on and charged up.

One thing I do, and I recommend, regardless of which unit you get, is to cut and attach a piece of 1/2" plywood about 1" larger than the launcher base on all sides. This keeps the electronics off the damp ground(moisture is the enemy of electronics). It also gives you a place to screw in an eyelet so you can hang the unit up and out of the way on a wall when not in use.

I have never used a DT launcher, so I cannot comment.

RayG

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:40 am

Dogtra all the way.

GmanHawaii

Post by GmanHawaii » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks for the advise, ordered the Dogtra's.
"If you can't stand behind our troops. feel free to stand in front of them"