E Collar in California

Beniciahd

E Collar in California

Post by Beniciahd » Wed May 14, 2014 1:37 pm

So after a lot of searching I want to make sure I have it correct. You cannot use a gps collar on dogs hunting mammals. I was on Tri-Tronics sight and a bunch of the collars say they cannot ship to California because of recently passed state law. Am I missing something? Can you hunt upland game with an e collar in California?

lahunter562

Re: E Collar in California

Post by lahunter562 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:27 pm

I hunt my dogs with an ecollar. No problems.

lahunter562

Post by lahunter562 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Read This straight from our Fish and Game people. GPS collars may be used on dogs only when bird hunting but are prohibited when hunting mammals. Electronic dog retrieval collars employing the use of global positioning system equipment (devices that utilize satellite transmissions) are prohibited on dogs used for the pursuit/take of mammals (California Code of Regulations Title 14, section 265(d)(2)). Thanx Jose. Si senor...

Beniciahd

Post by Beniciahd » Thu May 15, 2014 9:00 pm

I wonder why some of the collars on the Tri-Tronics sight say they won't ship to California. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Thanks for the help!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 am

Beniciahd wrote:I wonder why some of the collars on the Tri-Tronics sight say they won't ship to California. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Thanks for the help!
Because the republic of California says the battery recharging system is not energy efficient but at the same time give cells phone chargers amnesty...go figure..the new collars that are coming out a R.O.C. compliant
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Beniciahd

Post by Beniciahd » Mon May 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Thank you for the clarification. Now it's all making some sense.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue May 20, 2014 11:36 am

I never had a problem ordering anything from Tri Tonics to Ca.

Ez4

Post by Ez4 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:55 am

kninebirddog wrote:Because the republic of California says the battery recharging system is not energy efficient but at the same time give cells phone chargers amnesty...go figure..the new collars that are coming out a R.O.C. compliant
Don't you mean the Democratic People's Republic of California? :lol:

kar6man

Post by kar6man » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:17 am

Just be careful. I've looked through the upland book as well and can find no prohibitions with GPS collars. I believe it is the tri tronics beepers that may or may not get you into trouble. Electric calling is prohibited for upland hunting. I think their collars have the different sound options such as a hawk screech, while others have locator call options. Even if you are not using the calls, I could see a warden writing a ticket just for having the option to.

Vision

Post by Vision » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Why does anybody still live in California?

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:01 am

Vision wrote:Why does anybody still live in California?
Because the majority of people there are bleeding heart, tree hugging liberals :wink:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:36 am

I hunt with a game warden and he has never mentioned any of those things being illegal. In fact he uses all of the electronics we are talking about. I am checking with him again though to make sure something hasn't changed.
Take Care
Pete

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:40 am

birddogger wrote:Because the majority of people there are bleeding heart, tree hugging liberals :wink:

Charlie
The land of Granola . . . . . Those that ain't Fruits and Nuts is Flakes.

Doc E & HR UH MHR WR SR Black Forest Casey
and
Nami E & HRCH UH HR Sauk River Tucker

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 am

just got an email from a game warden friend of mine. Their are no restrictions on any of the collars discussed as far as fish & wildlife are concerned.
Take Care
Pete

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:I never had a problem ordering anything from Tri Tonics to Ca.
http://www.tritronics.com/pro-100-g3-exp.html

http://www.gundogsupply.com/tri-tronics ... 1-dog.html
Not available to California Addresses because the included batteries and chargers do not meet California Appliance Efficiency Regulations. The Garmin Delta, Delta Sport and Delta Upland meet these regulations and are legal in California.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Wenaha

Post by Wenaha » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Vision wrote:...does anybody still live in California?
No. Most of them moved to Colorado.
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.

My Blog: Living with Bird Dogs

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:24 am

kninebirddog wrote:
Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:I never had a problem ordering anything from Tri Tonics to Ca.
http://www.tritronics.com/pro-100-g3-exp.html

http://www.gundogsupply.com/tri-tronics ... 1-dog.html
Not available to California Addresses because the included batteries and chargers do not meet California Appliance Efficiency Regulations. The Garmin Delta, Delta Sport and Delta Upland meet these regulations and are legal in California.
Sounds great except that ALL of my Tri Collars were shipped to Cali with no issues. I'm glad that I no longer have to worry about that though. My 30 Rd Mags are legal again....

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:06 pm

This was in the last little over a year that this happened

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:21 pm

[quote="Doc E
The land of Granola . . . . . Those that ain't Fruits and Nuts is Flakes.
.[/quote]

Distasteful post.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Beniciahd

Post by Beniciahd » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Believe it or not, there are some real honest Americans in California. We may be surrounded by the odd but leave the big cities and you'll find the real California. Any who, I went with the Delta upland and I'm looking forward to training with it.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:06 am

Beniciahd wrote:Believe it or not, there are some real honest Americans in California. We may be surrounded by the odd but leave the big cities and you'll find the real California. Any who, I went with the Delta upland and I'm looking forward to training with it.
I am sure this is true.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:19 pm

They started it this year.....

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:07 pm

ultracarry wrote:They started it this year.....
Glad I moved... How is Kimber?

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:32 pm

She is great! Retiring her .... Thinking hunting only and having fun.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:51 pm

ultracarry wrote:She is great! Retiring her .... Thinking hunting only and having fun.
It is hard for me to say but Battue is retired also. I do have others that aren't though.

y'all are welcome to come out here during her retirement.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:32 am

Beniciahd wrote:Believe it or not, there are some real honest Americans in California. We may be surrounded by the odd but leave the big cities and you'll find the real California. Any who, I went with the Delta upland and I'm looking forward to training with it.
I lived north of fresno in the foothills going towards Yosemite for many many years Helped on some of the ranches pushing cattle in the John Muir and Ansel Adams wilderness areas. I loved it there but I do not miss the politics of ROC at all. Tree huggers and bleeding hearts and gun grabbing bouncing check writers and nut cases like the sierra lifers that think driving their cars into yosemite is less intrusive and went around saying that those of us riding our horses area was doing more damage :roll: (Yeah my horse fertilizes and moistens the sound while their cars spew out carbons that chokes out the trees on roads that create more erosion then our little paths ) oh and the best one was a suit filed that the cows were killing the trees with methane gas they released. ..I know they are every where but Caliornia and some parts of Colorado are homing grounds of the overboard Treadwell wannabes.

So Yes there are somethings i really do miss of California and other parts which are bad enough I have no desire to Move back but I do go and visit my friends :wink: