Sport dog e collar suggestions

jlegros

Post by jlegros » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Im thinking of getting a sd 425 wetland.Features range and price seem good.Any thoughs ? I do water fowl only.

natel24

Re: Sport dog e collar suggestions

Post by natel24 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:10 pm

I don't know anything about that exact collar. But I have had two sport dog collars in the past, sd400's, entry level models. They were good collars but both went bad on me within two years. Sportdog customer service was good and replaced both collars no questions asked. It's probably not fair for me to judge since I only had their entry level models. It'd be like judging chevrolet by the aveo only.
natel24
"My dogs not perfect, but i'm not a perfect shot either."
"I'd rather go hunting without a gun than without my dog."

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:30 am

Suggestion - emphatic suggestion: Don't do it. Get a more reliable make e-collar that can endure for training - and probably for hunting the dog, too.

MG

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 am

crackerd wrote:Suggestion - emphatic suggestion: Don't do it. Get a more reliable make e-collar that can endure for training - and probably for hunting the dog, too.

MG
Personally I could not buy anything but Dogtra product! years and years of reliability with the added convenience of being able to finesse a dog.
I'm 100% in favor of LGBT - Liberty, Guns, Bacon and Trump.

Deuce

Post by Deuce » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:54 am

crackerd wrote:Suggestion - emphatic suggestion: Don't do it. Get a more reliable make e-collar that can endure for training - and probably for hunting the dog, too.

MG
This...

I bought the 1825 and it's fine when it works. I'm now saving my $ for a pro 550 or a refurbed pro 500.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:35 pm

I got great service on a really bad product from Sport Dog. It will never happen again. Changing new product that doesn't work for used product that doesn't work keep's you out of business until you finally go some where else.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:06 pm

I have a Sportdog sitting in the junk box; it's been there for years. Customer service may be great but I'd rather not have to deal with it at all. My TriTronics collars have never given me a minute's trouble. The only time I've had to talk to customer service at TT was to ask some questions when I wanted to move up to a multiple dog unit from my older TT unit.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:04 pm

shags wrote:I have a Sportdog sitting in the junk box; it's been there for years. Customer service may be great but I'd rather not have to deal with it at all. My TriTronics collars have never given me a minute's trouble. The only time I've had to talk to customer service at TT was to ask some questions when I wanted to move up to a multiple dog unit from my older TT unit.
Ha ha! one more happy customer.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

jlegros

Post by jlegros » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks for all your input,actually did affect my decision and glad it did :)