Stopping a puppy from jumping up

jahwarrior1423

Post by jahwarrior1423 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am

I am having a horrible time training my 4m old German Shepard mix puppy from jumping up on people. I've tried the knee to the body when she jumps up on me (I don't knee her hard) and I've tried a spray bottle of water. Help me with other ideas...I've been battling this for a month now.

jwnissen

Re: Stopping a puppy from jumping up

Post by jwnissen » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:40 am

Knee her harder. My shorthair did the same thing and I would cock my knee back when she would start coming toward me and I would let her have it. I just kept kneeing her harder and harder until I got a pain response from her. Also, try stepping on her back feet, they dont like that. There is another thread that isnt that old about the same topic. Goodluck

Djanes

Post by Djanes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:50 am

keep a leash on him when people are comming over and stand on the leash so he can't jump. Then don't let anyone pet him or pay attention to him untill he is sitting down. Will take some time but he will learn.

Bluesky2012

Post by Bluesky2012 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:10 am

It's a dog. Never forget that. Make the dog not jump on you by a firm knee, or a clubbed hand popping it in to the side of the shoulder. Knock it off a few times and it'll learn.
"it shot a many shell over the top of an old bird dog"

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:13 pm

jahwarrior1423 wrote:I am having a horrible time training my 4m old German Shepard mix puppy from jumping up on people. I've tried the knee to the body when she jumps up on me (I don't knee her hard) and I've tried a spray bottle of water. Help me with other ideas...I've been battling this for a month now.
Don't shoot the messenger ?
You done a good job of teaching the dog to do what it's doing :wink:
12 week old pup no matter the breed want's touch attention. He/she got it for the last month ? ..How about doing the opposite? Just saying.