garmin delta sport collar

MGIII

Post by MGIII » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Any of you have this collar? I'm looking into collars and don't need anything too extravagant. I like that this one has a bark limiter feature. Seems to be a decent collar for companion dogs as well. Any thoughts or other recommendations for another caller that is similar?

shaneroyce

Re: garmin delta sport collar

Post by shaneroyce » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:23 pm

PM sent

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Had to go see what it is. Not a high dollar collar but I'd trust it on Garmin's reputation alone!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

kcbullets

Post by kcbullets » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:56 pm

I had one. It did not have enough intensity for a high strong lab. Mine also had the bark eliminator, which did not work. Don't waste your money on the one with the bark eliminator. If your dog is mild, the stimilus part will probably be OK. If your dog is strong willed, look elsewhere. Just my experience.

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:03 pm

kcbullets wrote:I had one. It did not have enough intensity for a high strong lab. Mine also had the bark eliminator, which did not work. Don't waste your money on the one with the bark eliminator. If your dog is mild, the stimilus part will probably be OK. If your dog is strong willed, look elsewhere. Just my experience.
I have 2 puppy owners who have bought this collar and both do not like it. Doesnt have enough intensity to get any respose from the dogs.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

MGIII

Post by MGIII » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:27 am

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to go with a different collar

GSP4ME

Post by GSP4ME » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:05 pm

if you don't need all the bells and whistles you might try the dogtra 1900.

aksportsman

Post by aksportsman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Doesn't have enough intensity?!?! what voltage are you wanting to send through your dog!? Do your training first, back it up with the collar and there should be no problem with the stimulation available in the Garmin sport. That collar has 18 different levels of stimulation and #18 is no joke, one pop of that on your wrist and you won't want to put your dog through that much stimulation... I seriously doubt there is a dog on this planet that when trained won't respond to that much stimulation. Not to call out or make a lair out of those who said it wasn't strong enough for them I but I would have to see a dog not respond to 18 to believe it and id still check the batteries and the fitting on the collar after.

kcbullets

Post by kcbullets » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:55 pm

I had one that would not respond to the highest. Would listen fine in the yard, but put it in the field, totally different dog. The dog had a high motor, and if you didn't get his attention he had a mind of his own. Dog had two personalities, idk... and the Garmin Sport was useless for him. Like I said maybe for the average dog it is OK. My dog was not average. With that said, I would never buy another one.

Kingberd

Post by Kingberd » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:59 pm

aksportsman wrote:Doesn't have enough intensity?!?! what voltage are you wanting to send through your dog!? Do your training first, back it up with the collar and there should be no problem with the stimulation available in the Garmin sport. That collar has 18 different levels of stimulation and #18 is no joke, one pop of that on your wrist and you won't want to put your dog through that much stimulation... I seriously doubt there is a dog on this planet that when trained won't respond to that much stimulation. Not to call out or make a lair out of those who said it wasn't strong enough for them I but I would have to see a dog not respond to 18 to believe it and id still check the batteries and the fitting on the collar after.
No doubt. My dog response immediately at level 4 on the sport