Why is whoa not important

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Why is whoa not important

Post by DonF » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:24 am

People that don't want to teach it will always have an excuse for not teaching it. People that do teach it will always have an excuse to teach it. People screaming whoa at a dog running away never taught it in the first place!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:55 pm

DonF wrote:People that don't want to teach it will always have an excuse for not teaching it. People that do teach it will always have an excuse to teach it. People screaming whoa at a dog running away never taught it in the first place!
DonF wrote:There you go folks. thread just for you! I promise not to make another post here! Unless of course none of you can come up with a reason it's not!
DonF wrote:Well no reason's not to use it so far. But several comment's on why they don't use it. BTW, any command to get a dog to stop and still is a whoa command, just using a different word!
It's a bit like being the quiz master with the answer on your card and not accepting any other answer ,other than the exact wording on your card :roll:
The answers are all correct ,but just not the one worded and accepted by the master :lol:

Becassier

Post by Becassier » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:28 pm

[quote="polmaise wrote:
It's a bit like being the quiz master with the answer on your card and not accepting any other answer ,other than the exact wording on your card :roll:
The answers are all correct ,but just not the one worded and accepted by the master :lol:[/quote]

Well that's kinda what I thought, as someone once said "I guess it would depend on what your definition of “Is” is" :lol:
http://www.aspenridgekennels.com
Facebook; Aspen Ridge Kennels, Braque du Bourbonnais ~ Upland Hunters, Woodcock Michigan

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Don, you have become a trouble maker! :D Great thread. I have had a few chuckles on this one.

Yes, it is just a command. I don't know why it is not important. I hope someone can tell me soon so I don't have to keep teaching it to my young one...

will-kelly

Post by will-kelly » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:14 am

DonF wrote:BTW, any command to get a dog to stop and still is a whoa command, just using a different word!
Call it what you will but there are rules to the english language. Any command to get a dog to stop is a stop command not a whoa command.

Even with the exclamation point you are wrong in your definition. Stop has a very specific meaning.

You actually support your original post "Whoa is not important". Teaching your dog to stop is.