Dog work

ESS13

Dog work

Post by ESS13 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 pm

My father is a big whitetail guy and I was brought up with archery as the most important season. Now my first dog is almost 6 and I love watching dogs work. I can't get enough of it. We didn't even have dogs growing up? I don't know how I got into it so much. I find myself asking friends how their dogs are doing just because I want to know. Its amazing a whole new side to hunting when you add a dog. All the people in this sport have been so welcoming too. So cool. It just kinda happened over night me falling in love with working dogs.

Dirty Dawger

Re: Dog work

Post by Dirty Dawger » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:10 pm

ESS13, just wanted to say that I've hunted moose, deer, bear, coyote, (guns and archery)and nothing approximates what hunting with a dog can bring to your plate, especially if you have a friend or friends to share the experiences with. I passed up an all expenses paid fly in moose hunt because it would affect my ability to go out west and hunt the prairies for Huns/sharptails with my dogs. It was an easy decision for me but that's just me.
I hope you find even 1/2 of the pleasure and fond memories I have accumulated along the way with my bird dogs. You will LOVE it!

Big bloc

Re: Dog work

Post by Big bloc » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 am

I am the same way. I will never step in a field without my gundog. I work 11 hrs a day and still find time to work the dog. It has taught me so much about training and what not to do. I trained 2 bird dogs now and ready to start on another 1. It makes it much easier to train when its fun. Good luck
Never ever tease a gundog. Build rapport