Remote Collar for GSD

CoCotheGSD

Remote Collar for GSD

Post by CoCotheGSD » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:39 pm

Hey guys new to this forum and joined due to wanting help choosing a remote collar for my GSD.

Thinking the people who use them most would be the best to ask especially when your dealing with highly motivated dogs that are more stubborn.

I have a petsafe bigdog remote collar.....my bitch Coco will recognise it when settled but any form of excitment or distraction and it does nothing even on full.

So I am looking towards a Dogtra 2300ncp.

Is this a good collar?

distance is not an issue as she is rarely more than 100m away from me, one that can be used in water(are these available?) would be a bonus.

But mostly needs to have a fair amount of stimulation behind it as she is complete deutch and czech working lines and seems to have a very high threshold to stimulation.

Any advice would be great guys.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Remote Collar for GSD

Post by DonF » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:53 am

What's a GSD?
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Big bloc

Post by Big bloc » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:26 am

I have the dogtra 1900 field and it is great. I only have to use vibrate and nick
Never ever tease a gundog. Build rapport

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:29 am

German Shepherd Dog.

I am a Tri tronics user. When I was working with the Schutzhund club, that was our go to collar. So, I would look for the basic Tri tronics 90. It is a good collar and doesnthave all the bells and whistles that you wont need. But tri tronics has merged into garmin, so you may have to go to the tri tronics pro 550.

You HAVE to show me a picture of her. I do miss my dogs. I had one from czech lines and WGW lines. It makes me sick to see how the GSD is looking here in the States now.

Hope this helps a bit.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:03 pm

I use a Dogtra 2500 BT - very happy with it.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

CoCotheGSD

Post by CoCotheGSD » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:25 am

thanks for the reply guys,

I like the tri tronics but cant seem to find a dealer in australia and also the remote is overly large for my liking.

I have just ordered the Dogtra 1900 and have a 60 day performance guarantee :)

Here are some pics :) 6 months old currently full working lines and been crate trained and trained for loud scenarios from young sitting with me on my harley in garage at 12 weeks in pools from then also ect in city through a friends night club shes great now

CoCotheGSD

Post by CoCotheGSD » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:26 am

She is great off lead always attentive to me when I stop and walk

http://vid34.photobucket.com/albums/d10 ... 4weaat.mp4

and loves water
http://vid34.photobucket.com/albums/d10 ... btrkap.mp4

CoCotheGSD

Post by CoCotheGSD » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:26 am

and running in the bush chasing her ball
http://vid34.photobucket.com/albums/d10 ... as0mgl.mp4

Playing with my daughter at Christmas. The ever so vicious GSD breed lol

http://vid34.photobucket.com/albums/d10 ... hholhq.mp4

CoCotheGSD

Post by CoCotheGSD » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:30 am

GSP4ME

Post by GSP4ME » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:37 am

Munster wrote:German Shepherd Dog.

I am a Tri tronics user. When I was working with the Schutzhund club, that was our go to collar. So, I would look for the basic Tri tronics 90. It is a good collar and doesnthave all the bells and whistles that you wont need. But tri tronics has merged into garmin, so you may have to go to the tri tronics pro 550.

You HAVE to show me a picture of her. I do miss my dogs. I had one from czech lines and WGW lines. It makes me sick to see how the GSD is looking here in the States now.

Hope this helps a bit.

I too have a shutzhund background and sadly I have to tell you that it's no longer just the American lines that are looking like something Frankenstein came up with. Had a guy bring me a German imported dog to do some personal protection work about 2 years ago and that dog was built like a triangle.

Munster

Post by Munster » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:42 pm

GSP4ME wrote:
Munster wrote:German Shepherd Dog.

Hope this helps a bit.

I too have a shutzhund background and sadly I have to tell you that it's no longer just the American lines that are looking like something Frankenstein came up with. Had a guy bring me a German imported dog to do some personal protection work about 2 years ago and that dog was built like a triangle.

:cry: :cry: :cry: I actually watched a police show and the K-9 was an arse dragger....Very sad what is becoming of the breed.

Munster

Post by Munster » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:47 pm

very nice dog. Have you checked out the Leerburg website? They have some top notch trainer with videos on Marker training, positive training and focused obedience training. Most videos are done with Mals, but you will get the idea.

CoCotheGSD

Post by CoCotheGSD » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:05 am

yea there is alot of bad bredding now and "protection dogs" that I would call more of a "deterrent" as they only bark but when it comes down to it they run.

Thankfully I have a good mate who trains alot of dogs for goverment and police but doesnt use remote collars for his training so couldnt help me with that info. but he gets dogs on bite easily inhouse and street scenarios with hidden sleeves and also personally selected this dog for me so she should be good :)