Training Programs?

Remington4

Training Programs?

Post by Remington4 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Hello,
I am soon becoming a vizsla owner and am looking into some hunting training programs. I am in the Colorado area, but am willing to take my dog to nearby states for training. Does anyone here have any testimonials/recommendations to good Board and Train places? I plan on teaching my pup basics - sit, stay, down, fetch, get an interest in bird wings ,etc. I'd like to send him when he is around 6 months. Any suggestions / training tips are appreciated. Thank you!
If something is worth doing, it ought to be done in a way that is enjoyable - Otherwise, it can't really be worth doing

deseeker

Re: Training Programs?

Post by deseeker » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:11 pm

If you are looking for a trainer---Ben Garcia is in CO. His kennel is Hideaway Kennels on the web.
Phone number on the web site is 719-three four seven-3273. Have him train you while he is training your dog, that way you will both be on the same page of training. :roll:
If you are looking for a do it yourself training program--Perfect Start, Perfect Finish videos I think some one had the 5 disc set advertised for $100 not to long ago on this forum.
Good luck with your future pup :D

Remington4

Post by Remington4 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Thanks for the quick response -
I have basic training down pretty well. It's just the hunting portion that I am looking for. My last dog was pretty gun-shy and I don't want to repeat that with this upcoming pup. I am happy to do the training myself- any suggestions are always welcome. I was just looking into Hunt-training programs and wanted to see what others opinions were. Thanks
If something is worth doing, it ought to be done in a way that is enjoyable - Otherwise, it can't really be worth doing

magspa

Post by magspa » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:32 am

I like training with MO book and the West and Gibbons seminar DVD. Worked for me.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:53 am

Join the Rocky Mountain Vizsla Club - then get a copy of the Perfect Start DVD. Come to Missouri for one of the clinics that Perfection Kennel offers for RMVC members. You'll never regret it.

The RMVC is on facebook - Chris Corliss is great (a field trial judge as well as an AVID hunter).

kcbullets

Post by kcbullets » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Pointing dogs, x2 for Perfect Start and Perfect Finish..

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:14 pm

magspa wrote:I like the "Training with MO" book ............................

x2
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett