Leaving point?

greg jacobs

Re: Leaving point?

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:05 pm

Wonder if the dog is blinking. He is young right. Wonder if he thinks there isn't a bird there anymore. Never had a dog that blinked but I would think that it takes a fair amount of pressure to cause it in a high drive hunting breed.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:20 pm

it does not take a lot of what some dogs perceive as pressure and many handlers never now the dog is blinking. they just think there was not any birds around.................Cj

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:55 pm

cjhills wrote:it does not take a lot of what some dogs perceive as pressure and many handlers never now the dog is blinking. they just think there was not any birds around.................Cj

Well said! So true, as to both pressure and blinking.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 pm

I have found that occasionally a broke dog that is just being "polished" knows that once the drill is over, its back on the chain gang. They still want to run around for awhile.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:20 pm

AZ Brittany Guy wrote:I have found that occasionally a broke dog that is just being "polished" knows that once the drill is over, its back on the chain gang. They still want to run around for awhile.
With this situation we are out hunting and In lots of birds. With her, it is more like, I have pointed that one and here is another for you. The pressure may have been me saying whoa, as I am coming from a ways off. I have changed that to , good girl, to let her know I am coming. She does turn her head occasionally to see if I am on the way.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:24 pm

oldbeek wrote:
AZ Brittany Guy wrote:I have found that occasionally a broke dog that is just being "polished" knows that once the drill is over, its back on the chain gang. They still want to run around for awhile.
With this situation we are out hunting and In lots of birds. With her, it is more like, I have pointed that one and here is another for you. The pressure may have been me saying whoa, as I am coming from a ways off. I have changed that to , good girl, to let her know I am coming. She does turn her head occasionally to see if I am on the way.
Got it buddy! There are so many situations that can cause it. I needed to read your initial post.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:58 pm

oldbeek wrote:
With this situation we are out hunting and In lots of birds. With her, it is more like, I have pointed that one and here is another for you. [url]The pressure may have been me saying whoa, as I am coming from a ways off[/url]. I have changed that to , good girl, to let her know I am coming. She does turn her head occasionally to see if I am on the way.

X2