pigeon loft in back yard

Dlmino21

pigeon loft in back yard

Post by Dlmino21 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Im planning on getting some pigeons soon and building a loft in my back yard. I live on about three acres and my english setter pup runs around free back there. Is it a bad idea to keep the loft where the dog can see it and see the birds inside?

Meskousing

Re: pigeon loft in back yard

Post by Meskousing » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:04 pm

A week into my experiment with a pigeon coop (mine is too basic to be considered a loft) in my yard and there have been no problems. My dog will go look at them, lean on the wire, and I caught him pawing at the door once, though. I kinda like him over there. He spooks the pigeons a bit and they fly around inside. This helps keep them strong. Otherwise, no real issues. I think he'll eventually learn what it's all about.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Re: pigeon loft in back yard

Post by polmaise » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Dlmino21 wrote:Im planning on getting some pigeons soon and building a loft in my back yard. I live on about three acres and my english setter pup runs around free back there. Is it a bad idea to keep the loft where the dog can see it and see the birds inside?
My pigeon loft is right next to the dogs kennels ,Why would you think it was a bad idea?