Yard work

webfoot1973

Yard work

Post by webfoot1973 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Whats some things you all work on around the house with your dogs. Hunting season is over and I don't get to the bird fields as often as I would like, so I find myself working the dogs around the house.

Ideas?

Tooling

Re: Yard work

Post by Tooling » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Might sound corny but..the lawn, whoa, raking the leaves, fetch, building stuff, digging holes (and letting the dog just have at it in all of his dog glory on some of the holes you dug), taking out the trash, bringing in the groceries, all the while telling him or her what good helpers they are. This sort of thing goes a long way toward convincing your dog that the sun rises and sets over top of you. Also dovetails into overall training more than most realize.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Best training You can do is a whole load of nothing , while a load of something is going on in the 'Yard' :wink:
But over here it's focus on us that we are after.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_ggVyEAbs

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 am

Oh I do like to see a man work .....especially when it's no me ! :lol: You'd get a bit mair done withoot the fag hingin frae yer mooth though ! :lol: :lol:

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Trekmoor wrote:Oh I do like to see a man work .....especially when it's no me ! :lol: You'd get a bit mair done withoot the fag hingin frae yer mooth though ! :lol: :lol:

Bill T.
:lol:
There are Do'ers and them that watch :)

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Trekmoor wrote:Oh I do like to see a man work .....especially when it's no me ! :lol: You'd get a bit mair done withoot the fag hingin frae yer mooth though ! :lol: :lol:

Bill T.
Are you swearing? :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:34 am

:lol: No Sharon, just speaking English as it should be spoken and is spoken in God's ain country ! :lol: The English themselves would be able to speak the language a bit better if they werenae too feart to come north of the wall the Romans had to build for them to keep oor granddads at bay 2000 years ago !

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !