4th of July training

jstevens

4th of July training

Post by jstevens » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 am

Here is my six month old, Bailey. This is third time, but we've only put out ten birds total, it's been so hot, even in the morning/evening about 20 minutes or so is about the max. They seem to get so thirsty and breathing so hard through their mouth, they lose focus. This was the second round in the evening, after working a couple of birds in the morning. There was a huge difference!ImageImage

jstevens

Re: 4th of July training

Post by jstevens » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:04 am

She is one I got from Jim Harris in Fr Scott, Ks., Honky Tonk and Guard Rail on the top, double bred Erin's Bad River on the bottom side.

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:41 am

I wish I could say something positive , not to impressed with harris or his dogs

Max2

Post by Max2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:30 am

tailcracken pointer wrote:I wish I could say something positive , not to impressed with harris or his dogs
I always live by the old adage ~ If I have nothing nice to say I say nothing at all.

To the o/p look's like a fine specimen . My introduction to this game was behind a Guardrail bred dog. Impressive to say the least ! Good luck with your pup ! Always enjoy !

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:39 am

Max2 wrote:
tailcracken pointer wrote:I wish I could say something positive , not to impressed with harris or his dogs
I always live by the old adage ~ If I have nothing nice to say I say nothing at all.

To the o/p look's like a fine specimen . My introduction to this game was behind a Guardrail bred dog. Impressive to say the least ! Good luck with your pup ! Always enjoy !
+1

jstevens

Post by jstevens » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks guys. I'm picking up 200 month old quail next week, so when it cools down about September, she'll have plenty of birds to work. I have a good hunting buddy that already has a big flight pen, so just have to buy a waterer and some feed and we're fixed up for birds.

Haven't seen any baby quail yet, but I've seen more pairs than in the last 20 years or so. Looks like we'll have some birds to hunt in the fall.