Road trip through Nebraska: expose pup to wild birds?

BraqueFrancais115

Road trip through Nebraska: expose pup to wild birds?

Post by BraqueFrancais115 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:01 am

I will be partaking in a road trip, which involves driving through Nebraska. Do you guys think finding some public land and trying to expose my pup to wild birds for an hour or two would be worth my time? The 6-month old pup sure needs to get a few more bird contacts as that's primarily the weak link in his training thus far.

Warrior372

Re: Road trip through Nebraska: expose pup to wild birds?

Post by Warrior372 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 am

Not a bad idea. I am sure your pup will like to get out of the car / crate and run around a bit every day anyway.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Absolutely! Great opportunity imo .
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Go to the website for Nebraska Game & Parks. On the website go to the walk in atlas--it's a map of all the places in the state that are open to the public for hunting. Highest concentration of pheasants with the most amount of walk ins will be SW corner of the state below the pan handle. Highest concentration of quail with a lot of walkins will be in the SE corner of the state. For Sharptails you might want to try Nebraska National forest by Halsey in central Nebraska--It's a national forest but it is mostly sand hill country(93,000 acres). Sharptail is open now, phez and quail open around 28th of Oct. Good luck :D