Dog training

Max18

Dog training

Post by Max18 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:44 am

Good evening hope everyone is doing well
I am looking for people in Alabama to train my gsp with he is started and does great just sucks doing it alone

ON Honker Hunter

Re: Dog training

Post by ON Honker Hunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:09 am

Sorry, Max, you're not getting much response. Apparently not many here are that far south? I'm actually north of the US border so absolutely no help to personally offer. I might suggest getting involved with local a local quail recovery organization ... what are they called? ... Quail Forever (obviously not a lot of quail this far north :). Someone with them can probably put you in touch with a kennel/trainer they have experience with. Here's the Alabama chapter search engine for QF: https://www.quailforever.org/Participat ... er-en.aspx

Good luck.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:47 am

Go to the NSTRA site and look up a club in your area. I just did. The region president is in Georgia and there's a phone number listed and address.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:59 am

Now if you wanted to train that GSP as a retriever - which they are recognized as for competition by several orgs., including AKC - plenty of assistance is available throughout the Heart of Dixie, AKC and HRC clubs alike.

MG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Max18 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:44 am
Good evening hope everyone is doing well
I am looking for people in Alabama to train my gsp with he is started and does great just sucks doing it alone
Started what? Doing great at what?. More importantly, Why do you think he sucks ?
The breeder you got the dog from would hopefully suggest a few ?.
What age is the dog and what can it do that you have trained it to do so far, and What would You like it to do ,that you haven't trained for so far ?

Max18

Post by Max18 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 pm

I wasn’t saying he sucks lol I was saying working w him alone sucks he’s actually done great so far he’s only 13 months old thanks for the links

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 am

DonF wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:47 am
Go to the NSTRA site and look up a club in your area. I just did. The region president is in Georgia and there's a phone number listed and address.
NSTRA.org search it. regions.

bamanicksbd

Post by bamanicksbd » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:15 am

Max18 wrote:I wasn’t saying he sucks lol I was saying working w him alone sucks he’s actually done great so far he’s only 13 months old thanks for the links
Hey there you are a little ahead of us but I am training a 5 mo old setter puppy. Im in nw alabama. I have several acres a pigeon house and johnny house no quail at the moment. Training table whoa post, barrels etc. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bamanicksbd

Post by bamanicksbd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:45 pm

I replied and offered but never got a response. I’m willing and able just message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk