Upcoming Spaniel Hunt Test in WI

Meskousing

Upcoming Spaniel Hunt Test in WI

Post by Meskousing » Fri May 31, 2019 8:14 am

For those so inclined, the American Water Spaniel Club is hosting a hunt test on June 15 and 16 in Shiocton, WI. There are only a few days left to register, so please do so if you want to attend. If you've never been to a spaniel test, show up and learn. There will be a bunch of people that want to talk dogs and training with you. Some of us won't be able to stop, except to go run a dog.

https://huntsecretary.com/eventinfo_A.a ... id=1003420

Steve007

Re: Upcoming Spaniel Hunt Test in WI

Post by Steve007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 am

If you have never been to a spaniel test, it's a lot of fun to watch and to see. I'm a serious pointing dog guy, and will probably never get a spaniel in the absence of living to be 147 years old, which admittedly isn't likely. But I've been to two spaniel Hunt Tests and found both to be very interesting.

There's a lot to be said for exposure to a variety of dog sports – doesn't mean all hunting oriented, either – and a spaniel test is pretty darned worthwhile. An American Water Spaniel is a top-flight dog, by the way. My original choice until I got emotionally involved with a stupendous Gordon Setter quite a few years ago.