Perfection Kennels DVD's.......

TheMorningRise

Perfection Kennels DVD's.......

Post by TheMorningRise » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:35 am

I am always looking to learn something new, despite being in this for a while.

I just love learning different techniques from different personalities and I try to establish my own training regimen, based on my dogs and their personalities. I have a solid program as a guide line and change course as I need to based on the dog.

With that, I have heard much about the Perfection Kennel DVD's.

I was looking to purchase; Perfect Start / Perfect Finish, Perfect Retrieve and Perfect Gun Acclimation.

For those who have seen these DVD's, if I were to purchase all of them, is there repetition (over lapping) in them?

I like the idea of getting all of them, but if Perfect Start / Perfect Finish covers the same information as the Perfect Retrieve and Perfect Gun Acclimation, there is no sense in getting all of them.

I appreciate the info you all provide on this!

Thanks

averageguy

Re: Perfection Kennels DVD's.......

Post by averageguy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:49 am

No they are all excellent information, as are the Clinics they hold. There is gun acclimation information in the Perfect Start and some Retrieving Basics but the Perfect Retrieve and Perfect Gun Acclimation take each of those subjects much deeper and use improved methods and end to end processes.

TheMorningRise

Post by TheMorningRise » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:55 pm

averageguy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:49 am
No they are all excellent information, as are the Clinics they hold. There is gun acclimation information in the Perfect Start and some Retrieving Basics but the Perfect Retrieve and Perfect Gun Acclimation take each of those subjects much deeper and use improved methods and end to end processes.
Great information and good to hear.

Thank You!

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:03 pm

I learned gun acclamation from perfect start. I thought it was pretty complete, but I have not seen the gun acclamation video. I bought my perfect start , perfect finish on this site, buy and sell section for $80.00

averageguy

Post by averageguy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:55 pm

I have been studying the new Gun Acclimation DVD from Perfection Kennel the past two days. It is way down the road improved from what is shown in the Perfect Start DVD and worthwhile to all no matter how many dogs you have worked before. I have never raised a gun shy pup but I will be going about it differently now after studying this approach.

TheMorningRise

Post by TheMorningRise » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:09 pm

I just received; Perfect Start/Perfect Finish, Perfect Retrieve and Perfect Gun Acclimation today.

Looking forward to watching them and seeing what I can change/add in my training routine!

REB1136

Post by REB1136 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:08 pm

TheMorningRise wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:09 pm
I just received; Perfect Start/Perfect Finish, Perfect Retrieve and Perfect Gun Acclimation today.

Looking forward to watching them and seeing what I can change/add in my training routine!
How did you like them? I am considering purchasing them myself.

TheMorningRise

Post by TheMorningRise » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:40 am

REB1136 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:08 pm
TheMorningRise wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:09 pm

How did you like them? I am considering purchasing them myself.

Sorry about the lengthy delay in responding! :?

So far so good. The content is what you are after and that is good.

The video quality and editing may have been done by a 3rd grader.

Now, that takes nothing away from; the content, the Hann's or their methods. All very good. But, if you are wanting an HD resolution video that resembles a sports broadcast, you will be very unhappy.

ddoyle

Post by ddoyle » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Check out their youtube channel and facebook. At the beginning of COVID they were doing an hour everyday on answering questions and showing training situations. Incredibly generous in my opinion/
Doyle