Couple pics of steady on a sight point.

weimdogman

Couple pics of steady on a sight point.

Post by weimdogman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:29 pm

I have been working on steady to flush/wild flush and steady to birds standing-walking-running around. Worked my dog on 3 wing clipped pigeons Saturday evening and he was great. I was.out front of him and couldn't make any corrections-he was steady!

Tonight turned up the intensity - had him do a couple backs before another back with 5 wing clipped birds tossed. He only moved once when a bird fluttered at his feet. I was behind him and stopped him with the check cord and got a correction. After about 5 minutes of my training friend and his dog messing with those birds,my dog sat , so I got another correction.

Really proud of how he did as he was way steadier then the other dog , and almost perfect. Came home and there was a rabbit in the alley. As I went to open the rear deck of my Subaru Forester the rabbit ran a short distance which the dog clearly saw. I opened the deck and called him out. He took a dozen quick steps and I said whoa to which he stopped. I got between him and the rabbit and the rabbit moved about 10 feet. Dog still solid .I walked to him,tapped him and released him. He crept slowly about 20 feet and froze. Took these pics after I had him reposition 2 more times.

I know sight pointing can become a problem but dogs that test have to be steady to problematic pen raised birds.

weimdogman

Re: Couple pics of steady on a sight point.

Post by weimdogman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:33 pm

received_611545379822360.jpeg
received_611545379822360.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.